Author Topic: Total lies from Avast Cleanup Premium  (Read 3201 times)

Offline armstrong.monty

Total lies from Avast Cleanup Premium
« on: November 30, 2020, 10:15:41 PM »
According to Avast Cleanup Premium I have not used two particular programs in months.  At the top is says they were not used in over 90 days and then below it says one of them was last used two months ago so it cant even keep its lies straight.
In the last week I have scanned over 1,000 pages using Epson Scan 2 and I use the Compatibility pack at least ten times per week.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Total lies from Avast Cleanup Premium
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 12:09:04 PM »
According to Avast Cleanup Premium I have not used two particular programs in months.  At the top is says they were not used in over 90 days and then below it says one of them was last used two months ago so it cant even keep its lies straight.
In the last week I have scanned over 1,000 pages using Epson Scan 2 and I use the Compatibility pack at least ten times per week.

Hi,

this seems like a bug and we apologize for that, it is not our intention to lie our users.
We would like to take a closer look at it, could you please provide us more debug information about your product by sending us the logs?

You can simply do that by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically send to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline armstrong.monty

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 09:03:49 PM »
thanks for quick reply but cutting and pasting that string into my computer produces the attached error.
I am using Win7 and I thought that no spaces were allowed but removing the spaces produced a similar message.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:45:43 AM by Stellarman »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 10:45:58 AM »
thanks for quick reply but cutting and pasting that string into my computer produces the attached error.
I am using Win7 and I thought that no spaces were allowed but removing the spaces produced a similar message.

Yes, you are right, there should not be any spaces but my intention with the path was to show you where to look for the Log Collector tool in the installation folder.
Please try to use the Windows Explorer or any other file manager you are used to to navigate there and execute the Log Collector tool.

Thank you.

Offline armstrong.monty

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 06:31:47 AM »
sent from armstrong.monty(at)gmail.com
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 01:18:42 PM by Milos »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 10:25:06 AM »
sent from armstrong.monty(at)gmail.com

Your logs were received, thank you for your cooperation!

We will take a look at it and get back to you.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 01:18:54 PM by Milos »

Offline armstrong.monty

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 10:48:51 PM »
and today I got the latest lies from Cleanup - Look at this lot.

Yes - I seldom use Powerpoint but it is required at times.  It is quite possible that I have not used it in over 60 days.

I use a Logitech mouse and keyboard.  I do not have any other keyboard or mouse which means the next three are bulldust as both the keyboard and mouse are "in use" every second that the computer is turned on.

And, since December, I have averaged over 500 scans per week using Epson Scan 2.  In some weeks I have cracked the thousand.