Author Topic: zone alarm  (Read 2828 times)

marieandgordon

zone alarm
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:53:23 PM »
i know this is not a helpsite for zonelab but i dont understand their website! can any help me, over the weekend on my pc ie and firefox would not find their homepages, or any other websites, i thought it was the actual connection but windows live would work. the only way to access them was to turn off sone alarm, no settings had been changed and it had not prompted me to allow or deny anything, we have been using for over a year with no probs. i uninstalled and installed again and it worked for 2 days and has started doing the same again, we are having no probs with zone alarm on the laptop and i have compared settings.  anybody got any ideas?

thanks
marie

Spiritsongs

Re: zone alarm
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »
 :)  Hi :

The recent version(s) of Zone Alarm firewall seems to have
     recurring problems, at least for some Users . Perhaps it
     is time for a different but FREE firewall !? There are
     several listed in the firewall "section" at :
     www.filehippo.com .

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: zone alarm
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 11:43:33 PM »
What version of of Zone Alarm, Free or Pro ?
What error messages are you getting when you can't access a web page ?

ZA has a nasty habit of forgetting its settings for a program that has permission to connect to the internet. Find the entry for ashWebSv.exe, avast Web Shield in the program section of Zone Alarm and delete it. Connect again to the internet
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.