Author Topic: How to force netclient to get updates from ADNM  (Read 4629 times)

gablai

How to force netclient to get updates from ADNM
« on: October 08, 2006, 12:20:13 PM »
Hi all,

Can you please advice me how can I configure netclient to get updates from ADNM Console only?

It seems like Netclient do connect to internet to get updated instead of updates from ADNM Console.

How can I make sure that netclient doesn't needs to updated from Internet but ADNM Console only?

Please help

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: How to force netclient to get updates from ADNM
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:25:54 PM »
Grabbing the updates from the AMS mirror should be the case by default! (i.e. normally, it shouldn't be necessary to set this up).

Anyway, if the clients are updating from the Internet, it may mean the the AMS mirror is somehow inaccessible. It would be useful to post the <avast>\setup\setup.log file from one of the machines...

BTW are you using a proxy server to access the Internet?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

gablai

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »
Hello Vlk,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure whether the netclient able to access by ADNM neither..
however, under adnm console i manage to see the client's netclient information without any problem.

Not using Proxy, but direct internet line. I shall email you the Setup.log file as it's too big...

Send me your email address pls.

Cheers

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 10:29:19 AM »
The email address is in my profile (to send me an email, simply click the envelope icon below my avatar).

Cheers
Vlk

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:59:22 PM »
Got the file. Thanks.

HOWEVER, I have to say I'm confused. That's because the log file clearly says that this is not the netclient version at all! Rather, the log is from the Professional Edition.

So, are you sure that you have the netclient edition really installed? Does the machine show as green in the Computer Catalog? (in the ADNM console)

Thanks
Vlk