Author Topic: OnPremise console 7.29.901 wrongfully reporting "Protection components disabled"  (Read 5434 times)

Offline Paulo208

Hi,

After clients upgrading from program version 20.8 (2615) to 20.9 (2620) the OnPremise Console 7.29.901 is wrongfully reporting upgraded clientes as "In danger" with mention of "Protection components disabled". No fix found yet.
Any thoughts or solutions?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Paulo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 04:18:39 PM by Paulo208 »

Offline Paulo208

Ok, thanks Lukas.
 8)

Offline mschedler1

FWIW... if you restart the "Avast Business Console Client" and it's dependent "Avast Business Console Client Antivirus Service"... it seems to report correctly to the console. I haven't verified if this survives a reboot or anything but at least it gets things in the green again. On some of my devices, these same two services weren't starting up after at all, even after multiple reboots, but they would start manually and then things seem to operate correctly after that.

AVAST... guys... c'mon. I'm starting to cringe every time an update comes out... SERIOUSLY!!!

Offline Paulo208

Hi,
Last night restarted the server, where the console is, and all's still in the red.  :(
I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.  :(
@mschedler I agree upgrading AVAST (either the console or the clients) is becoming a troublesome chore. And this is not good for such an important security software as an antivirus.

Offline MarcAvast

tried to restart the business console service on client. After that the client reported correctly to the on-premise console but only until i've restarted the client windows 10. Then it just was broken again.

Offline mschedler1

Yeah... same here... thought I had something there. Well, it helps a little... a little for a little while? meh? shrug. :-\

Offline mschedler1

Looks like the fix came out today... I think it's working... a bit glitchy for some systems.

Offline Paulo208

Hi,
We’re also getting the fix and we're moving towards the green again  :D

Offline mschedler1

Hi,
We’re also getting the fix and we're moving towards the green again  :D

Warning... I have had more then half of my Windows 10 systems (after a successful fix install) not start the Console Client services... had to start them manually... weird.