Author Topic: Avast Premium Security - Removing Signature?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline MMScotto

Avast Premium Security - Removing Signature?
« on: December 02, 2020, 05:48:40 PM »
I know this has been posted before... but since the explanation link doesn't seem to apply to my version....
How do I remove the signature with my version??

Please check images below to see the difference...

Offline Mx_Terry

Re: Avast Premium Security - Removing Signature?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 06:00:08 PM »
Open the menu, go to settings, and then just type "email" into the search. It's in the core protection under mail shield - they really buried it!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "How do I remove the signature with my version"

That Cog icon should open the Settings and works on my installation.

If you are talking of removing the signatures in emails - they should be off by default I believe.
You should be able to get to these settings by an other route.  AvastUI > Menu > Settings > Protection - Core Shields - Mail Shield and uncheck the 'Add a signature to the end of sent emails' option.

If you can't get to it that way try an Avast Repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline MMScotto

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "How do I remove the signature with my version"

That Cog icon should open the Settings and works on my installation.

If you are talking of removing the signatures in emails - they should be off by default I believe.
You should be able to get to these settings by an other route.  AvastUI > Menu > Settings > Protection - Core Shields - Mail Shield and uncheck the 'Add a signature to the end of sent emails' option.

If you can't get to it that way try an Avast Repair.
  I had to delete it, reinstall it and repair it 3 times for the stupid cog on the side to finally become clickable.    :o
Also, apparently the signature is on by default, at least in my case.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 08:48:37 PM »
Thanks for the update, happy that you have resolved it now.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security