Author Topic: "connect to avast account" error  (Read 1157 times)

Offline edelmiro

"connect to avast account" error
« on: November 30, 2020, 01:07:56 AM »
I am running Avast free anti virus 20.9.2437 (build 20.9.5758.615) in Windows 7.  I have an Avast account but when I go to the sign in option under menu I keep running into an error.  I enter my username and password and click "sign in" and I get the message "please connect to the internet" and a hyperlink reading "need help?"  Username and password are both current and I am already connected to the internet.  Any ideas how to get past this?  I tried reinstalling but got the same message.  It happens with both ethernet and wifi access.  I am running Win 7 home premium, service pack 1.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: "connect to avast account" error
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 02:25:28 PM »
I am running Avast free anti virus 20.9.2437 (build 20.9.5758.615) in Windows 7.  I have an Avast account but when I go to the sign in option under menu I keep running into an error.  I enter my username and password and click "sign in" and I get the message "please connect to the internet" and a hyperlink reading "need help?"  Username and password are both current and I am already connected to the internet.  Any ideas how to get past this?  I tried reinstalling but got the same message.  It happens with both ethernet and wifi access.  I am running Win 7 home premium, service pack 1.

Hi,

Please try the following:
- connecting to a different network if possible (e.g. hotspot from mobile data).
- disabling any third party firewall and see if the issue persist.
- change DNS settings https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Troubleshoot-DNS/

Offline edelmiro

Re: "connect to avast account" error
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 07:49:25 PM »
Thanks, I'm traveling now, I will try this when I get back.