Author Topic: Spam for the Forum (NSFW!)  (Read 14407 times)

JediMasterCK

Re: Spam for the Forum (NSFW!)
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 03:26:40 AM »
I can't believe what I'm hearing from you guys...

How about less finger-pointing blame and more fixing your obvious problem...

And touting PHPBB as more secure is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard... PHPBB is THE most exploited forum software there is...

At this point I'm rooting for the Spammer... Hope he gets off a third spam to make you guys look even more foolish...

See ya...

beatme101

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 03:33:57 AM »
I can't believe what I'm hearing from you guys...

How about less finger-pointing blame and more fixing your obvious problem...

And touting PHPBB as more secure is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard... PHPBB is THE most exploited forum software there is...

At this point I'm rooting for the Spammer... Hope he gets off a third spam to make you guys look even more foolish...

See ya...

Have you been reading Uncyclopedia's phpbb article?

Besides, I haven't been saying it's secure, I said it would do better against this spammer.

This forum was not hacked, although there is a possibility it could be down the road since it's out of date. I know that at least with phpbb every 'minor' (third number) version is released to fix one or more security holes.

longneck

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 03:41:21 AM »
the spam all came from one user, right? i don't see why the admins can go in to the database and delete all of the PM's that user sent. on other forums i frequent, they do that all the time when there's PM spam.