Author Topic: No longer getting audible virus database updated message  (Read 4200 times)

jepp1

No longer getting audible virus database updated message
« on: January 25, 2004, 03:59:13 AM »
Since I upgraded to 4.1.235, my iAVS signatures are autoupdating as always, but I'm no longer getting the blue box and the audible message indicating that Virus database has been updated.  Is this a change in the programs behavior?  Is this something that can be turned on and off?  Just curious.

Culpeper

Re:No longer getting audible virus database updated message
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 04:25:48 AM »
Sounds can be switched on and off in the settings menu.  Not sure on the visual alerts unless you have the update settings set to automatic instead of notify.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 04:43:21 AM »
I'm on auto-update (for the iAVS, anyway), and I get the pop-up notification afterwards.  I've turned sounds off since I don't have speakers and only use the headphones for some games.

I might be wrong, but I think turning the notification on/off would have to be done by playing with the ini file, rather than as a setup option.  Technical did a marvelous thread on the ini here somewhere, and I'm sure quite a few of us have that link bookmarked and will be happy to stick it here.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

jepp1

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 07:40:24 AM »
Thanks I searched through the forum and found the thread on the ini file settings.  I've added the parameter SuppressUpdatedInfo= 0 to the ini file(this parameter wasn't in my ini file), I guess I'll find out if that works after the next update.

thanks,
-mark

jepp1

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 11:54:06 PM »
After adding the SuppressUpdateInfo=0 parameter to my ini file I got the pop-up notification back.

Thanks,
-mark