Author Topic: New built 4.1.335  (Read 5467 times)

Markus

New built 4.1.335
« on: January 22, 2004, 05:20:37 AM »
Got the new upgrade about 4PM EST USA time.
Just checked some of the websites that track upgrades,
 such grc, wilers security, spywareinfo etc. No mention of the upgrade, but what surprised me the most is that there is no mention of the upgrade on this forum.
Great work you guys from Alwil and thanks.

Markus

Tipton

Re:New built 4.1.335
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 06:21:24 AM »
There was a new upgrade to Avast? What does the new upgrade do for the AV?

Douglas
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 06:21:48 AM by Tipton »

Markus

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 06:50:58 AM »
Tipton,

Yes, I got it about 9 hrs ago via autoupdate (I use Avast home by the way).
There was added support for some mail clients plus other fixes. It`s in Avast News when you get the update.

regards
Markus

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 05:26:34 PM »
Version 4.1.335
January 21, 2004

* added plugin for The Bat! (mail client)
* Mail Protection Wizard now supports Pegasus Mail 4.1 and Mozilla Thunderbird
* fixed the Internet Mail scanner to work correctly with messages that include null bytes
* fixed a bug in sorting of scheduled events
* the scheduler now works even in terminal services environment
* fixed overwriting of packer settings for resident providers upon startup
* fixed a problem with incorrect saving of resident provider settings
* integrated Virus Cleaner is now also localized
* fixed a bug related to creation of a task after prior viewing of session properties
* added missing links to web for German, Hungarian, Dutch and Polish version
* fixed a bug related to note insertion for PUSH updates in the Outlook plugin that was sometimes causing the actual message body to be erased
MW

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 07:50:35 PM »
This is slightly O/T, since it relates to Home program updates generally rather than specifically the one yesterday/last night.

And possibly it's already mentioned in that marvelous thing Technical did on the avast4.ini, but I'll plead guilty to not having looked there yet (for this, anyway).

Is there some way to set up 4-Home so you don't get the News included with the splash screen at program startup, if you've already done the update?  I can always access the News from the menu later, if I'm interested in details of what was included in the upgrade.

Thanks and best,
Mike
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 07:52:25 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 10:12:17 PM »
Thanks, Vlk, I'll give that iNews_Days a try.  :)

Incidentally, Minacross pointed out something in that thread that the team might want to look at for future versions.  Maybe the "Wish List" might be a better place for this, but I'll stick it here for now.

There are at least two settings I know of, and perhaps quite a few more, where you have to actually add a new line to the ini if you want to change them from a default value, rather than edit a line that's already there.  The "iNews_Days" is one, as Minacross pointed out, and another is the one relating to frequency of VRDB updates (sorry, I forget its name, but Technical's mentioned it a few times).  And there's probably quite a few others which we're not even aware can be changed, simply because there's no existing ini line for them.

Obviously avast (home, anyway) is written so that it uses whatever default value for a number of settings if no line relating to them appears in the ini.  Maybe the team could think about adding as many of these as possible as explicit or "real" lines in the ini?  It would certainly simplify making changes when desired.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 11:37:08 PM »
Mail Protection Wizard now supports Pegasus Mail

walker would be happy to hear that
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

stuart

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 05:04:45 PM »
I have installed the latest version and am using the plug-in for The Bat but it is not scanning messages before they are sent. I can send the eicar test with no complaints.

Also as a request, is it possible to get the notification of a virus when one is downloaded when using the plug-in.