Author Topic: Unusual high CPU-Usage  (Read 3409 times)

Offline holger.bialas

Unusual high CPU-Usage
« on: December 04, 2020, 12:04:08 PM »
Greetings,

The CPU-Usage of one of our Customers is unusual high. After some Research we found out, that Avast Business Antivirus is causing the Problem.

The current Version installed on the Server is 20.9.2620 (Build 20.8.5684.615).

Do you have a solution for this problem? We cant just uninstall the product, cause Avast Business Antivirus is intalled on a live system, where 80 people are working on.

I already opened a support ticket with the no. 12147338, but didnt get any response. The problem is urgent, so please help us fixing it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 12:06:04 PM by holger.bialas »

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: Unusual high CPU-Usage
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 01:52:48 PM »

Offline mschedler1

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 12:49:00 AM »
Uninstalling Web and Mail components isn't such a good idea on terminal servers where I have 40+ users running Email and Web browser. Kind of like taking the seats out of a car so we can go faster.

Offline ncos

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »
We are also having this issue - i've already replied to this post https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=237554.0  ...

Hi,

We are also having a problem similar to this - have logged a ticket with support (we are a business cloudcare customer). The issue we are having is quite frequently throughout the day 'System' will randomly run using between 10% - 30% CPU and the machine will become pretty much unusable (very laggy). It only affects machines that are plugged into the LAN - luckily the majority of staff are working from home at the moment!

When I run Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer we get aswNetHub.sys!<PDF not found> using a lot of resource - a quick google tells me aswNetHub.sys is Avast Network Security Driver. The majority of our devices are running build 20.8.5684.613

As soon as I uninstall Avast on a machine the problem stops, if I just connect to the wifi the problem stops - are there any fixes for this issue yet?

Offline ncos

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 09:38:08 AM »
Are we any closer to a fix for this? I've been dealing with a very helpful support operative, sending off various different log files. We've determined the issue is coming from Avast Firewall, the only way to fix Avast at the moment is to rename a file and disable the firewall via the registry - as you can imagine, disabling the firewall for 250 staff is a non-starter.

I have to say i'm pretty dissapointed that, nearly 4 months later, we still don't have a proper fix for this yet. We have been running with AVG/Avast Business Cloudcare for years and have had no problems at all.

As it stands, i'd recommend anyone thinking of going with the Avast Cloudcare solution to think again - the firewall component is completely broken.

We are also having this issue - i've already replied to this post https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=237554.0  ...

Hi,

We are also having a problem similar to this - have logged a ticket with support (we are a business cloudcare customer). The issue we are having is quite frequently throughout the day 'System' will randomly run using between 10% - 30% CPU and the machine will become pretty much unusable (very laggy). It only affects machines that are plugged into the LAN - luckily the majority of staff are working from home at the moment!

When I run Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer we get aswNetHub.sys!<PDF not found> using a lot of resource - a quick google tells me aswNetHub.sys is Avast Network Security Driver. The majority of our devices are running build 20.8.5684.613

As soon as I uninstall Avast on a machine the problem stops, if I just connect to the wifi the problem stops - are there any fixes for this issue yet?