Author Topic: Avast premium security keeps detecting and flagging Iobit Malware Fighter Pro 8  (Read 1596 times)

Offline michaellowegardening

Avast premium security keeps detecting and flagging Iobit Malware Fighter Pro 8 as a FireRepMalware [PUP]

I have already tried placing this into the search parameters  but it just kept spitting out some lame message about each word must be at least 2 words long? So I was forced to make a new topic. Sorry if this question has already been asked but as you can see search feature having a brain fart???

I have had this happen before? Why would Avast flag Iobit products especially an anti malware paid for pro version as the above mentioned?

Thank you in advance

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
FileRepMalware [PUP]

PUP = Potentially Unwanted Programs, are programs that may include advertising, toolbars, and pop-ups that are unrelated to the software you downloaded. PUPs often come bundled with other software that you installed.

Do a google search wit this IOBit steal and read the info you find

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
This is not unusual when it concerns two security based programs running together. 

By the way anti-virus/malware programs run (at a low level) the other can think that suspicious.

I think you meant FileRepMalware [PUP], File Reputation Malware = Low Reputation and given what Pondus mentioned iObit has some previous form in this area.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security