Author Topic: bug in 4.1.335  (Read 4079 times)

sowen

bug in 4.1.335
« on: January 22, 2004, 11:52:50 AM »
I have a task called 'vpop' which I run from the command-line:
    "c:\program files\alwil software\avast4\ashCmd.exe" /_ /@=vpop[/list]In the task definition, it does not save session results. Up until now, it has worked correctly. Now, with build 4.1.335, it saves session results every time it is run (which is a lot, because it's run on every piece of incoming mail on my mailserver).

Just to be sure, I deleted the old task and recreated it, but the bug persists.

Scott.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
    • Serious Graphoman
    • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
      • ALWIL Software
    Re:bug in 4.1.335
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 11:56:35 AM »
    Not save session results?

You mean the 'Store results in internal DB for later processing' box?
    This box is a bit confusing, I'd say (at least to me) - it seems duplicate to the boxes above it. Does unchecking these boxes do what you want?

Thanks
    Vlk
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

sowen

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 12:23:26 PM »

All of the boxes in the 'results' section are unchecked, and it still saves session-results.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
    • Serious Graphoman
      • ALWIL Software
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 12:42:58 PM »
    It does? Even 'clean' files?

In this case, you'll probably have to specify all the switches on ashCmd's command-line instead of using a task...

Hey, the in-session logging was in fact added to ashCmd in the latest version. ashCmd hadn't ever supported saving of session results in the past...
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 12:43:13 PM by Vlk »

sowen

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 12:56:34 PM »
    No, it saves the summary results (runtime, number of files checked etc.), not details of the rest.

Actually, I was the one who reported that tasks with 'save session results', when run from ashCmd, didn't actually save results. That problem has been resolved in 4.1.335.

This problem is the reverse. Namely, that tasks where I uncheck all the 'save session results' boxes, when run from ashCmd, save results anyway (i.e. summary results ).

Regards,
    Scott.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
    • Serious Graphoman
      • ALWIL Software
    « Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 06:11:07 PM »
    Scott, I was thinking about it and I believe it's not really a bug - it behaves as expected.

What the check box does is that it prevents the session results (i.e. the rows in the results table) from being saved. However, the session object itself is created, and holds the summary data.

For scheduled tasks and tasks run by ashCmd, unchecking this box is equivalent to unchecking all the boxes above it. For tasks run from the Enhanced User Interface, however, there's a small difference - unchecking the box means that the results do appear in the session view, but are not persisted. Ie. as long as you stay in the UI, you have them (and can work with them). When you close the UI, they get lost, though...

So do I understand it correctly that this is actually a feature request - a check box that would let you prevent creation of the task session? ;)

Vlk