Author Topic: Need Help asap!!!please!  (Read 11591 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Need Help asap!!!please!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 06:06:31 PM »
Your operating system is 'what version of Windows are you using' from the contents of the chest which you posted I can now see that you are using Windows XP.

The avast chest is made up of different sections, the System Files contains backup copies of important system files, they are used to recover if a virus infects the original. So these are no problem.
The Infected Files are where any infected files detected are placed and the one you gave earlier and should also give the virus name see image example sorry it is in English.
thekeys[1].htm c:\Documents and Settings\pc\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\W96JWDEZ

Because this file was detected on your hard disk by the standard shield provider, then it wasn't intercepted by the web shield provider like I would have expected, this is why I keep asking if it is working/enabled. The operating system (Windows version) plays an important part in how this works.

Left (double) click on the avast icon, that should open the on-access providers window, select the Web Shield icon and it should show a Last Scanned: and Scanned Count: field these should contain something and the count should be greater than 0 if it is working, See image 2.

Reference your last post:
The virus in the chest isn't a problem, it can do no harm there, I'm concerned that there may be other problems, web shield not working and possibly something undetected on your system.

I can't do a remote connection to attempt a fix/check of your system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 08:07:07 PM »
 :)  Hi Paulina :

Other than Avast, what other security programs do you
      have on your computer ?

paulina

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 09:56:11 PM »
Spirtisong thank you for your concern! :) i relay apriciate you all fro your help!
i do not have anything else on my pc only avast!is that bad or good?

paulina

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 10:24:08 PM »
David i will start answering one by one your questions:

I saw it after i have send you the post tha name of the virus i thought the name of it was in the beginig but it is at the end so the name of it is VSB:Malware(Script) i have a question her is this virus very bad?is my C:\ have a problem? I must delete it???i do not feel comftuble having him there....you know what i meen.

Now again i am only at your site nothing else open and avast is worning me that something bad is trying to come in to my pc!since yesterday i never had this problem from the moment i've got the virus avast is ringing and informing me for win32 my brother was here when avast start ringing and he sead to me that it is dilers that is trying to be conect....i didnt understand much!but i think the virus that i already have is doing this problem!!!!

i went and delete all the cookies and all the temporary files!
and i also went and check the site that Tech tols me this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405 but i dont realisid why i suposet to do this....i asked Tech but he is not on line to see it...do you know why i must do this?

Now i am trying to find out where is avast shield the 2nd icon you have saw to me!but i double clik to avast icon on my desk top and it is opening the program i can not find the shiled!i found the windows sield and evrything seems to be ok in there everything are activate!i will go and do an update to my windows mabe that help also i have never done an update! where i must clik to find that avast shield?maby home edition dosent have it?

It will be much easier if you can see my pc by internet......it is dificult for me believe me i am reading many times your post so i may understand what i suposed to do and answer !i am sorry if i am making you feel tierd!!!

[The virus in the chest isn't a problem, it can do no harm there, I'm concerned that there may be other problems, web shield not working and possibly something undetected on your system.] How can i see if i have a problem in the sield?because as i told you i went into the sield and everything seems ok......maby i have to check some were else?

thank you very much!!!!

paulina

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 11:27:59 PM »
i am still here whating for an ansewer and avast poped again telling me about a bad virus trying to get in my pc and her is exacly what it was writting!

http//d.mettere.net/a412/a571.php?m=1&c=5

win32:klone-N[Trij]

Trojan Horse (i dont know if this is write it is in greek and i am doing exac transelate!)

VPS 0642-2 18/10/2006

it is the 3d thime that is happening today!since i've got the other virus! :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 12:30:30 AM »
Sorry I haven't been able to devote much time to the forums tonight and this is just a quick visit.
The web shield would appear to be working in that it has stopped the download prior to it getting on the Hard Disk.

The path you gave rang a bell with me as it has been seen in another Topic recently and with my suspicion you have something else on your system, I suggest you look at this topic (see below), take your time and print the topic out if need be and try to work through it a step at a time.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=24268.0
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

paulina

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 12:01:56 PM »
ok i went and saw and ready the link you have just gave me!
thank you!i read much understand litle! :(
i have understand that with a program named Vundo fix he found the dilers is that corect?but he had to download many programs to get to that point a mess for me!
it ok i will use to live as i am!
thank you for your help until now! :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
There are tools which fix specific things, the difficult part if does the problem they have match your. The access to d.mettere.net was the trigger for me that it could be similar there may be many different things going on at that URL (site), more than one different form of malware. I appreciate it is difficult for you, which is why I suggested printing the Topic out so you might try to follow it easier whilst you are off-line.

avast on its own or any single anti-virus program is able to fully protect you and you also need a firewall that provides protection against unauthorised outbound connections. The one that comes with XP SP2 doesn't provide that protection. Do you have a firewall, if so which one ?

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode.
1. Ewido, a.k.a. avg anti-spyware If using winXP. or a-Squared free if using win98/ME.
2. Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition
3. Spybot Search and Destroy
4. Spywareblaster Don't install this until you are clean.

Whilst the windows XP firewall is usually good at keeping your ports stealthed (hidden) it provides no outbound protection and you should consider a third party firewall.
Any malware that manages to get past your defences will have free reign to connect to the internet to either download more of the same, pass your personal data (sensitive or otherwise, user names, passwords, keylogger retrieved data, etc.) or open a backdoor to your computer, so outbound protection is essential.
- Zone Alarm free http://www.zonelabs.com works fine with avast and has a reasonably friendly user interface. There are others, Comodo, Sunbelt Kerio, Jetico, etc.

paulina

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 10:22:44 PM »
I was not able to do anything by my self!!!!!
I took my pc to computer shop so they fixed it for me!I had only that vurious i have told you yestarday and a dialer was in!i hope my telephone line is ok and when i receve the monthly pay chek not be a crazy amount!!!!!!he told me that avast hold the virus in the chest and nothing was infected!
he had a look also to the windows shield everything he said it is ok!
so, so far so good! it is a good leason for me not going in wrong sites!
now as about firewall dear david i do not have a cloo!!!as far as i know i do not have a firewall the firewall works as a sield?so tell me a good firewall so i may download it and work ok witha avast!thank you in advance!!!!!

Spiritsongs

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 11:19:48 PM »
   :) Hi Paulina :

To help protect your computer from all the 'bad" things that can get on it
      through the phone lines, you should have MORE THAN an antiVIRUS program,
      like Avast . You should have at least one antiSPYWARE program, and I
      recommend you use "SUPERantispyware" ( the FREE version ) by downloading
      it from www.superantispyware.com . I will warn you that you have to click on
      its main screen almost daily to get the "Updates" that have been
      released.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2006, 12:05:28 AM »
I gave a link to Zone Alarm (ZA) in my last post, it is also a large enough company that it may have a version in your native language.

The big problem with firewalls are they can be very complex, but ZA is more friendly than most, but a firewall is an absolute must have. The other programs I mentioned are to give a protection in depth.