Author Topic: virus and worms  (Read 3549 times)

gspt

virus and worms
« on: October 18, 2006, 12:02:56 PM »
while doing a scan warning virus found pops up and recommends move to chest the virus is win32:aniExploit and when I try to move to chest access is denied says can not process
C:/documents and settings/administrator/local settings/temporary internet file/content.lE5/wocfsg9c/full(1).anr"file what do I do ??

Spyros

Re: virus and worms
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 12:31:48 PM »
Clean you temporary internet files and then re-scan.
(If you don't know how to do this, you can use a tool like ccleaner to clean junk files from your PC. Info: www.ccleaner.com 
Download the slim or basic version, NOT the standard http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds.aspx)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 01:39:44 PM »
Besides what Spyros said, it won't be bad if you:

1) Disable System Restore on Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;310405
2) Schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot.
3) Use a-squared, Free AVG Antispyware, SUPERantispyware or Spyware Terminator (trojan removers) just to be sure you're clean.

Welcome to avast forums.
The best things in life are free.

gspt

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 11:24:40 AM »
ok I did what Spyros said and ran cclean I just check Internet catergory w/ temporary and cookies check marked but I still received the same message when running Avast scan when virus was detected still would not let me move to the chest or repair, do I need to leave more categories check when running ccleaner, I've had bad experiences w/other types of cleaners and accepting the default and running the program on automatic. I really don't want to make the same mistake again and have to go through trying to recover a missing system file, you know what I mean? but tell just what else should let cclean and delete w/out causing a fatal result?

Thanks
gspt

Spyros

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 01:45:53 PM »
Default settings of ccleaner are OK. Never had any problems.
Please do as Tech suggested.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 01:55:58 PM »
I've had bad experiences w/other types of cleaners and accepting the default and running the program on automatic. I really don't want to make the same mistake again and have to go through trying to recover a missing system file, you know what I mean?
Yes I know. Both default and customized options of CCleaner will do well.
CCleaner is not a deep registry cleaner nor a file remover. You won't be in risk using it. Don't worry.

but tell just what else should let cclean and delete w/out causing a fatal result?
I think problem is not on CCleaner but on the other steps I've posted before and Spyros is asking you to follow.
System Restore, boot time scanning and antitrojan cleaners.
The best things in life are free.