Author Topic: [Feature Suggestion] Core Shield Email Scanner - Port Customization  (Read 3416 times)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: [Feature Suggestion] Core Shield Email Scanner - Port Customization
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 12:33:22 PM »

Yes, I am sure that our business accounts are setup as Exchange accounts through Microsoft 365.  As for the @outlook.com account, I do believe that it is also an exchange account.  However, when I checked via another email application (Thunderbird), the ports were 993 and 587.  Both of which are already setup in Avast -- but still no outbound signature.

Strange.

Hi,

Even in Thunderbird @outlook.com email can be set up using the Exchange protocol. I have tested this myself with @outlook.com, and it works with IMAP, but not with Exchange. If in Thunderbird under your @outlook.com email account you notice the folders are named "Deleted Items, Sent Items" instead of "Deleted, Sent" then it is most likely an Exchange account. If this is not the case for you, then please repair or re-install Avast Premium Security.
Repair:https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Repair-Antivirus
Uninstall: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Uninstall-Antivirus-Utility
Install: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Install-Premium-Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 12:48:39 PM »
@ r@vast

Just a note to say that that article Repair Antivirus update needs to be updated as Item 5, the image doesn't match the latest Avast versions.

I recently checked this in a another topic and I captured an image of it.

Hi,

Your screenshot is from Avast Free and the one in the article is from Avast Premium Security. They are slightly different but the repair button is still there for both. I can ask the team to look into.  Thank you

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »
Even in Thunderbird @outlook.com email can be set up using the Exchange protocol. I have tested this myself with @outlook.com, and it works with IMAP, but not with Exchange.
Hi r@vast, that means Mail shield does not support Exchange protocol?
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline cphinx

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 02:41:14 PM »
Even in Thunderbird @outlook.com email can be set up using the Exchange protocol. I have tested this myself with @outlook.com, and it works with IMAP, but not with Exchange.
Hi r@vast, that means Mail shield does not support Exchange protocol?

You beat me to it.  This was my next question as well for r@avast