Author Topic: Windows Defender detects Avast?  (Read 7653 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Windows Defender detects Avast?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 01:24:09 AM »
I very much doubt that avast is very interested in ours views on how to code their product.
Me too  8)

I'll leave a last word on this thread to you.
I'll leave it to you. Never mind  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 02:06:45 AM »
David,

Windows Defender does. As an example - because of a screwup on a BBC website every Beeb radio program I wanted to listen to this weekend used Real Player (I product I rather dislike).  Every program I listened to caused RP to add its wretched start-up program to the registry.  At least with Windows Defender I can say I do not want the addition to be permitted. 

Windows Defender even tells you about changes it makes itself.     

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 02:27:50 AM »
Yes one of the problems with any form of HIPS is the potential for lots of pop-ups and for users with limited experience it can have a fearful effect, they either deny or allow everything negating some of its value. A little like many outbound connections and anti-leak and or component control warnings, they can become very confusing.

I too fall into the 'I don't like Real Player' camp, it wants to take over the world just because you use it for a streaming audio broadcast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security