Author Topic: Is it possible to remove the Check Mark icon near the urls of the sites?  (Read 2866 times)

Offline reemp91

Basically, I'd like to remove the checkmarks and the "X" signs from popping near the URLs. And basically, I want them removed because I'm not too fond of the way it looks for me. After all, I use the Hebrew Interface, and it's RTL (Right to the left), and it's not fitting the RTL interface, and the icon is just popping in the middle of the URL.

So is there a way in the extension, so I'll remove it for me, or is there any way to fix the way it is for RTL interfaces? Or any moderator that could report that issue to the team for it to be fixed?

Example:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:37:18 PM by reemp91 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Is it possible to remove the Check Mark icon near the urls of the sites?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 11:32:12 PM »
This is part and parcel of the Avast Online Security (AOS) Add-on.

When you do searches it annotates the results of sites security ratings, so you can decide if you should visit said site.

You would also see information on sites that you chose to visit.

I no longer use the AOS add-on, so I'm not familiar with its current version and if it has any customisation available.  You could go into your browser add-ons and find the Avast Online Security Add-on, open it and see if there are any user definable settings. 

If not your only option may be to remove the Avast Online Security Add-on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Is it possible to remove the Check Mark icon near the urls of the sites?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »
You can adjust it in the AOS settings.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0