Author Topic: temp folder  (Read 11531 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:temp folder
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 11:02:02 PM »
You mean how do you make one, or post one.

You make one e.g. by pressing Alt+PrintScreen buttons when the window is active. This will put the image to the clipboard. You can then start your favorite drawing program, insert the picture from the clipboard (Ctrl+V usually) and save it (ideally as JPG or GIF or PNG).

To post it to the forum, just use the Attach field in the 'Post Reply' form on this forum.

:)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

OffIceEchl

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 11:12:21 PM »
OK give a while to run a partial scan and I will post it to you in a little while. THANK YOU for your help.

OffIceEchl

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 12:18:36 AM »
Well I scanned again and discovered that the files don't start filling the temp folder until after Avert scan finds win95:matyas which is really a Panda active scan file. I usually send it to the chest and it starts copying the .tmp files to the temp file. This time I made the screenshot to send but it was over 150 kb in all three formats, which is over the limit for attached files at your site. I had already deleted the files from the temp file so I had to scan again. This time when it detected "the virus" I deleted it to the recycle bin instead and it's not putting the .tmp files in the temp file. Let me experiment with this some more and then I'll get back to you. This may solve my problem  and maybe I'll find something out that may help you as well. I'll get back with you later today or maybe tommorrow. Thanks again for your help.