Author Topic: Driver Updater keeps prompting me to resubscribe, But I don't want to.  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Jeff420

Driver Updater keeps prompting me to resubscribe, But I don't want to. I had paid for the service for a year and did not find it that helpful so I do not want to resubscribe. Everytime I boot up my PC the Resub prompt runs, slowing down my boot up. The prompt also runs intermittently while I am using my PC, interrupting my work. It  is very annoying and I can't see anywhere during the resub prompt where it says how to unsub.
I cannot find my email with my order ID, but I do have what I believe is the activation code for the product
This is enough of an annoyance that if it does not get resolved I would consider removing all my Avast products and finding another suite to replace it.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Driver Updater keeps prompting me to resubscribe, But I don't want to.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 02:20:51 AM »
Then cancel your auto renewal/subscription, see below.

Cancelling automatic renewal of the Avast subscription - See https://support.avast.com/en-en/article/35.
If you can't find your email with the order ID use 0000000, that should at least get past the request for the order ID.

If I remember correctly, I think that you should be able to do it through your avast account, same log on details that you used for the forums  Or connect to your avast account from the Avast Tray icon (Right click) - Registration information - there should be a Go to Account button.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security