Author Topic: Question....  (Read 5467 times)

Datagg

Question....
« on: January 27, 2004, 02:25:59 PM »
For the heck of it ive downloaded mozilla, heard great things about it and its browser. Anyways, there is email capabilities in it, i was wondering if avast would work with mozila email for scans. if so i may want to revert to use that, for it also has a nice little spam program in it.

Any thoughts on this, or isnt it worth it...

Cullpeper What you think???

Thanks guys...

Firstc520

Re:Question....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 02:53:48 PM »
simple answer is yes, it will read mozilla format...sincemozilla is just a form of netscapre.

I personally use Thunderbird, which is mozillas stand alone email client.

not had any problems over here. make sure ou run the email wizard

If you like the features of mozilla you can also download the stand alone browser called firebird.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 02:55:18 PM by Firstc520 »

Datagg

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 03:46:15 PM »
Funny you mention that bro, after puttingin mozilla, and messing arouf with a bit, I didnt really like the email client, plus I did all the stuff to get spam pal to work, the only thing that I really liked was the browse, so i did in fact put in firebird ...Its nice..d/loaded some plugins and all is great. Thanks for the quick reply.....

have a great Day...

Datagg

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 04:53:59 PM »
Ok d/l thunderbird, really nice.......its now new email prog.....one thing i noticed though, and it may be helpful for others. is wheni instaled it, ran avast email wizard it still did not set it up in settings, tried it again, still did not.......then i thought to make thunderbird my default email client, and then it st it up....just thought some may want to know that in my case I had to tell the NEW email prog that it was defualt before it allowed avast to change seting for scans....

Firstc520

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 05:04:33 PM »
yea, thta was good, i forgot to tell ya to set it as default.  I like it , they both are really customizable with the extensions.

take a look at the extentions page in your bookmarks...kinda neat.

I am currently running FB .8  version, nice.

Datagg

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 05:13:34 PM »
Question, for the  learning of spam, how long do i mark as spam or mark not spam till it knows its actually spam......i had spampal getting rid of over 90% of spam in just  a few days, is this similar  or will it take more time..??/  thanks bro...

Firstc520

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 07:03:52 PM »
for the most part it will take a few days or so.

I also included  message rules  that way i can filter it even more

for example i set up a filer called ***spam***  i told the rule that if an email comes into my account wil that string in the subject then move it to the trash can, or junk mail, depending on where you want it

Datagg

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 07:26:14 PM »
what do you have setting it as **spam**......isnt thunder the only thing you have running , or are you using spam pal also before mozilla get to it...

Firstc520

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 07:44:25 PM »
I personally do not use any other spam program.....i didn't feel it was worth it.   once the junk controls have learned what type of mail is junk and what is not it does a very good job.

I may download 40 messages a day and once the mail is done downloading the junk mail filters it down to about 3 or 4.  It  will miss some stuff, but it does a good job 4 me.

Datagg

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 07:53:55 PM »
ok thanks....been a big help, appreciate it.....

Datagg

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 04:51:19 AM »
Wow what a day.....Mozilla browser didnt work for me. Wouldnt load pages up right etc, uninstaled ,reisnatled a few times, still no change. Now on to thunderbird, really liked it, but every time it was shut down,service off, then opening it up again, it wouldnt open, it would start then go off, start then go off, not fully loading...Watching in the services running, it was coming on then right away going off.....So enough of that, went back to outlook and spampal and i must say i missed it....
first sorry bro, it was good for some time, then it started to go crazy. i couldnt stand tha it did not load up pages right, I have netscape and ie on here, and noth work better that that, this is both complete and the standalone browser. The email program, well who knows...

Ill just wait for next microsoft IE and sticlk with the very reliable SpamPAl ;D

Firstc520

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 05:25:54 AM »
ROFL....that ok.  There is a little customizing and such w/ FB and TB.

it need the plugins to be installed ofr it.  Most ppl like ie because all if it is integraged so heavly in windows

it isn't for everyone

:-)

Datagg

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 05:40:27 AM »
i did the plugins......the more went in the worst it got...

nice program..buggy....