Author Topic: Win32: Qqpass-DZ [Trj] - PLEASE HELP!  (Read 3627 times)

someone_special

Win32: Qqpass-DZ [Trj] - PLEASE HELP!
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:30:10 AM »
my laptop has been infected by this virus according to Avast! it showed that the file rundll32.exe in the Windows system32 file has been affected.

i did not know what to do so i tried deleting the file (stupidly), but something strange happened - the file did disappear but i was not able to do certain tasks. for example, i could not open the system manager under control panel, and i couldn't browse the properties of my desktop. a message kept popping up saying that rundll32.exe could not be located.

i restored the system, only to find that the same occurs but a different message appears, saying that the paths to the files are missing and i cannot access to the files! i even tried to copy the rundll32.exe file from another laptop and to paste it in, but it wouldn't work.

please, i desperately need help!! can i possibly get rid of the trojan virus and restore rundll32.exe by installing a certain programme?  :'(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Win32: Qqpass-DZ [Trj] - PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 02:44:29 AM »
It's a false positive... sorry.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=24503  :-[ :'(

I'm not sure but maybe you can extract it from Windows CD.
Microsoft site should have more info.
The best things in life are free.

someone_special

Re: Win32: Qqpass-DZ [Trj] - PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 02:56:18 AM »
oh dear. T_T

thanks anyway... perhaps i should be happy since my laptop's not been infected after all...

ARGH spent the past 4 hours tryin' to sort this out. guess i learnt my lesson. =[