Author Topic: Auto Update Feature  (Read 3950 times)

uffbros

Auto Update Feature
« on: January 27, 2004, 11:09:07 PM »
How does this feature work?  Does it check every so many hours or can you set it to how often to check?  Or when you release an update do you send it out?  How does this work?  I tried the setting to ask when there is an update but I never received an alert so I switched to auto and it works.  Thanks for your reply.

John-

Re:Auto Update Feature
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 11:17:02 PM »
I assume the program checks the Avast-Servers every X hours,...
I get emails by Avast when a update is released,...normally a few moments before or after the program updates itself,...

uffbros

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 01:23:12 AM »
Bump...................

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 04:07:17 AM »
On auto Avast will check after Windows starts and once every four hours.  You cannot change these settings.  I have my definitions files on auto and my programs set to notify when a program update is available.  In which case, I usually see a blue Avast window in the bottom right hand corner notifying that a program update is availabe.  It does not stay up indefinitely though.  I normally see it when Windows start up.  Program updates, on average, normally occur about every 4 to 8 weeks.

Datagg

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 04:56:14 AM »
Man that blue screen telling me of an update other nite seriouslt messed up a good game of TFC....

I may have to shut that off if possible, unless there are anyother ideas. i do lots of gaming online, and that comign up was terrible what it did.

No biggie really, but i died in game etc, till i said ok to acknowlefgement in the box....Then screem came back up to game.

uffbros

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 08:13:27 PM »
Thanks for clearing this up for me.