Author Topic: Avast Free MacOS BigSur 11.1 Blocking All Internet Pages  (Read 1772 times)

Offline brandon_socr

Avast Free MacOS BigSur 11.1 Blocking All Internet Pages
« on: December 26, 2020, 07:12:13 PM »
Hello,

First time post here. My Avast free version gave me a popup message yesterday to allow some extension update (I can't remember what it was), and now Avast is blocking any internet pages from loading. No malware/popup block message is displayed, the page just won't load. The only page I can get is the google home page, and any search or webpage address I type in times out. I end up with a standard "page could not be loaded" message on the webpage that's trying to load. I know it's my Web Shield blocking things because all pages load perfectly when I turn off the Web Shield, but using the web without web shield kinda defeats the purpose of having Avast in the first place. Like the title says, I'm running MacOS Big Sur 11.1, and using Chrome as my browser. This just started yesterday, and it was after I allowed some Avast extension to load/update.

Brandon

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Avast Free MacOS BigSur 11.1 Blocking All Internet Pages
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »
Hello,
please send us a Support Package (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-Mac-Security-support-file) and I will check whether our logs contain something suspicious. Please ideally send me mail to ondrej.kolacek@avast.com after you do so so that I do not miss it.
Kind reagards,
Ondrej Kolacek