Author Topic: Autodelete virus in emails?  (Read 4146 times)

stianost

Autodelete virus in emails?
« on: January 28, 2004, 03:00:39 AM »
Is it possible to get Avast to autodelete all detected virus in emails? With all the new viruses out now its a pain having to push 2 buttons to delete it on 40+ mails

stianost

Re:Autodelete virus in emails?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 03:48:01 AM »
Whats the difference between pressing OK and Cancel? =/

Culpeper

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 03:49:43 AM »
I don't think so but you can narrow down the actions under the "Confirmations" settings perhaps.  I'm speaking of the home ed.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 05:08:12 AM by Culpeper »

stianost

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 04:15:24 AM »
Ok I found out how to:

In enhanced mode go to tasks and edit "Resitent Protection", under "Internet Mail" choose "Virus" and put "delete file if failed choose action" as default action. Not supposed to be easy huh? =P Why couldnt these settings be in the tray icon settings?

Is there any log I can see which emails had which viruses and what Avast did to it somewhere? I put on the "Show detailed info on performed action" on but it fades away too fast to read =/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 04:15:50 AM by stianost »

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 05:07:07 AM »
Thanks.  The enhanced mode is only available with the pro version.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 08:43:19 AM »
In enhanced mode go to tasks and edit "Resitent Protection", under "Internet Mail" choose "Virus" and put "delete file if failed choose action" as default action. Not supposed to be easy huh? =P Why couldnt these settings be in the tray icon settings?

So you are using the Professional Edition...
I admit, it's not really easy to find, but once you know how to do it, it's not so difficult is it? ;) It's probably not something you'd need to change every day...

Is there any log I can see which emails had which viruses and what Avast did to it somewhere? I put on the "Show detailed info on performed action" on but it fades away too fast to read =/

That's the Report File. See the Report tab in the same window (resident task properties).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.