Author Topic: The text color is the same to the background color  (Read 13672 times)

Offline rgfcesar

The text color is the same to the background color
« on: January 03, 2021, 09:33:16 PM »
The Avast Secure Browser app for iOS is great but has a serious interface problem, at least in my iPhone 7 (14.3).
It is not possible to see what is being typed in the search/URL bar because the text font color is white as the background.
The same occurs in the "Global Settings" menu (here probably because of a problem in dark mode): the text of the menu items has black font color, as the background, making it impossible to view the menu.
The comments on the app store show this problem occurs to other users.
Is there some way to solve this issue or we have to wait for a troubleshoot update?

Offline NikkyoO

• Avast team
Re: The text color is the same to the background color
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 08:17:05 PM »
The Avast Secure Browser app for iOS is great but has a serious interface problem, at least in my iPhone 7 (14.3).
It is not possible to see what is being typed in the search/URL bar because the text font color is white as the background.
The same occurs in the "Global Settings" menu (here probably because of a problem in dark mode): the text of the menu items has black font color, as the background, making it impossible to view the menu.
Is there some way to solve this issue or we have to wait for a troubleshoot update?

Hey rgfcesar, thank you for letting us know. Would you be able to post and/or send us a screenshot? We're somewhat able to reproduce this by changing the device settings but want to make sure it's the same as what you're seeing. Also, if possible a screenshot of your settings would be really helpful (Settings -> Accessibility -> Display & Text Size screen). If you can't or don't want to post here you can also email us at browser.android@avast.com. Thank you and we're sorry for the inconvenience!

- Nikky

Offline rgfcesar

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:49:57 PM »

Hey rgfcesar, thank you for letting us know. Would you be able to post and/or send us a screenshot? We're somewhat able to reproduce this by changing the device settings but want to make sure it's the same as what you're seeing. Also, if possible a screenshot of your settings would be really helpful (Settings -> Accessibility -> Display & Text Size screen). If you can't or don't want to post here you can also email us at browser.android@avast.com. Thank you and we're sorry for the inconvenience!

- Nikky

Hi Nikky, thanks for the answer.

Here is the link (available until 14. Feb) to some screenshots:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0YBHDrsaBwQpsgYliCaRWZjTg

What I realized is that if the dark mode of my phone is turned off and the dark mode of Avast Secure Browser is also turned off, the problem does not occur. However, if at least one of the two (iPhone or Avast Secure Browser) is in the dark mode, the problem occurs.

- Rodrigo

Offline NikkyoO

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:56:01 PM »
Thank you, Rodrigo! This is really helpful! We're looking into it now and I'll follow up soon.  :)

Offline rgfcesar

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 09:08:15 PM »
Hi Nikky,

Today's update of Avast Secure Browser to version 3.0.0 seems to have solved this problem.
Congrats on the work!

- Rodrigo

Offline NikkyoO

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 05:03:07 AM »
Thanks so much for the update, Rodrigo! We're very happy to hear that! Thank you for your patience with us.  ;D

-Nikky