Author Topic: Avast Free & Chrome Cookies  (Read 1238 times)

Offline SamReynolds

Avast Free & Chrome Cookies
« on: January 05, 2021, 01:53:03 AM »
Hi All - been doing tech forever and using Avast almost as long! Have Win10 Pro and Avast Free 20.10.2442 (build 20.10.5824.618). About a month ago I started having problems with my banking sites not 'remembering this device' and I get them to text me a code and enter it again and tell it to REMEMBER this device. And it did - till I exited Chrome completely and then launched it again and went to the page. Three diff bank sites.

Yesterday I did a complete wipe of the computer (for other reasons - lol) and a fresh/clean install of Win10 Pro. Everything was working fine and Chrome was 'remembering' and everything ... over the course of the day I would install the 'next in line' of the various software I use and then reboot and run Chrome and check banking sites. And each time it was fine... till I installed Avast. Then the problem started again...  :(  - I'm only using File & Behavior shields too...

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Running latest Chrome (v87.0.4280.88) too. It's mostly just 'annoying' having to wait for the text each time - combined with the 'it shouldn't be doing that' factor - lol

Appreciate any feedback!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:55:57 AM by SamReynolds »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Free & Chrome Cookies
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »
Hi All - been doing tech forever and using Avast almost as long! Have Win10 Pro and Avast Free 20.10.2442 (build 20.10.5824.618). About a month ago I started having problems with my banking sites not 'remembering this device' and I get them to text me a code and enter it again and tell it to REMEMBER this device. And it did - till I exited Chrome completely and then launched it again and went to the page. Three diff bank sites.

Yesterday I did a complete wipe of the computer (for other reasons - lol) and a fresh/clean install of Win10 Pro. Everything was working fine and Chrome was 'remembering' and everything ... over the course of the day I would install the 'next in line' of the various software I use and then reboot and run Chrome and check banking sites. And each time it was fine... till I installed Avast. Then the problem started again...  :(  - I'm only using File & Behavior shields too...

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Running latest Chrome (v87.0.4280.88) too. It's mostly just 'annoying' having to wait for the text each time - combined with the 'it shouldn't be doing that' factor - lol

Appreciate any feedback!

Hi,

Please disable all shields and then enable them one by one to test.
(Right-click on the Avast Antivirus icon in the system tray > click on Avast Shields Control > select an option)