Author Topic: Can I deny Avast showing me these bothering "Upgrade to premium" things?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline 1matou2

Hello guyz,

I would just like to know if anything like that is possible? I am getting really pissed off by Avast showing me every day that I have 40gb of system junk, totally broken registry and I don't know what else just to make me buy premium. I really like how the free antivirus works, but I will switch back to avira if this is not possible. Thank you very much for your help!

Take care :-)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster

Offline 1matou2

Re: Can I deny Avast showing me these bothering "Upgrade to premium" things?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:10 AM »
thx  :D

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 03:45:53 AM »
Maybe with a firewall rule ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Be Free!

• Unprofessional
  • Be free!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 06:30:38 PM »
No, and I agree it’s annoying and ridiculous.

Both of Avasts major free competitors, don’t show you ads, or at least allow you to disable ads.

I’ve been using Avast for years, but I actually took a 2 year break because Avast kept showing annoying ads. I really wish they would allow you to disable it, it doesn’t encourage people to buy your product, it encourages them to switch vendors.  :-\

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 07:43:23 PM »
thx  :D

Where are you seeing this/these notification/s ?

I rarely see anything like this and I use Avast Free, I have a custom installation with the basic Shield components.  Plus the WiFi Inspector, Software Updater and Do Not Disturb Mode.

Outside of the forums (ref questions) I don't run the Smart Scan where much of this comes from trying to push other Avast paid products.  In fact I rarely if ever run on-demand scans of any kind, greatly depreciated in a resident on-access antivirus.

Spend a little time setting up avast and remove components you don't need or want and it will cut down some of the noise and make it lighter.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security