Author Topic: 1ST ANNIVERSARY!!!  (Read 19357 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
1ST ANNIVERSARY!!!
« on: January 28, 2004, 11:42:03 AM »
Allright folks, I'm extremely excited to announce that today it's this forum's 1st anniversary!! ;D

I believe that the forum is a tremendous success, and that's mainly because of you, its users! So I'd like to thank everyone who's participating for doing so - the forum archive is now a pretty decent knowledge base about avast, and also serves us as one of the most important guides for what to include in the upcoming versions...

Some forums stats (at the time of writing):
Registered Users: 2,366
Total posts: 17,448
Total topics: 2,388
Most people online simultaneously: 31 (just yesterday :))

More stats here: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=;action=stats

Thanks again,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

CoJo

Re:1ST ANNIVERSARY!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 03:22:42 PM »
Congratulations to Avast! and the forum users!

yes, Vlk, it has become a great source of information...a tribute to the willingness of people every where to share their knowledge and expertise...freely and with encouragement to those with particular needs---like myself who is not computer savvy :)
but I have learned and have tried to put into practice what has been recommended...and even when I messed up and had to come back for more help, that help was still given without any put downs or grumbles (at least publically!)

my thanks to all...

cojo

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 03:29:36 PM »
Congratulations !!!!!!! And thanks for setting up this forum. It helped me and a lot of other users already. I'm even using it as a sort of knowledgebase in #windows95 on irc to help other people. Really great resource. Keep up the good work, I'm loving it :D

Technodrome

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 04:12:52 PM »
Congratulations and I wish you many years of success.

tECHNODROME

mr.morden

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 04:23:14 PM »
yay!

mods rocks and rest will follow

big thx to all who helps others

Tipton

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 09:45:27 PM »
This is a good forum, and is a great place for new Avast users to gain knowledge. I have to say though, the included voice announcements in Avast, scared the Hel* out of me the first time the virus defs auto loaded. I have some 5.1 surround speakers on my system that were turned up during my first virus def update.

Anyway. congrats on the one year anniversary for the forum!

Douglas

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 10:55:31 PM »
@ Vlk

IMHO *we* (avast! users) should thank the complete avast! team  :D

Thanks for a great prog and an indeed very interesting forum !

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 11:24:01 PM »
Thanks and best to the avast team, and the mods, and of course to everyone who participates here.

I think when I first came here, a few weeks ago, what impressed me most was the wide range of participation, from the Alwil professionals to relatively experienced users to those who (rightly or wrongly) consider themselves computer-illiterate.  And everyone's got something to contribute here.

And it's always nice to learn that regardless of experience or professional status, we are frequently encountering the same mysterious problems and are working together to find fixes.  I'm not by any means the only one who's glad to learn that the problem wasn't from my doing something wrong.

Best to all -- and keep up the great work,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

CoJo

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 01:10:07 AM »
Douglas...please don't be mad but this gave me a hearty laugh because much the same happened with me...it was totally unexpected, I jumped in surprise which scared my dogs who then started barking and that scared the cats and all four of them would not go near the computer for days (I'm used to at least one of the cats helping me type).
OMG! It's not me wreaking havoc on my computer!! It's my cats ;D

cojo

" I have to say though, the included voice announcements in Avast, scared the Hel* out of me the first time the virus defs auto loaded. I have some 5.1 surround speakers on my system that were turned up during my first virus def update."

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 01:18:07 AM »
" I have to say though, the included voice announcements in Avast, scared the Hel* out of me the first time the virus defs auto loaded. I have some 5.1 surround speakers on my system that were turned up during my first virus def update."
Same here  ;)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Dave50

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 01:18:46 AM »
Sincerest congratulations to the entire Avast! Team and everyone on this forum -- the moderators, the regulars as well as those who stop by only now and then.  No other forum that I know of has participants who are as willing to help and it's pretty obvious that the primary goal is to make what is already the best antivirus even better.  We had three virus definition updates on Monday.  I've never seen any other antivirus do that.
Thanks to Avast!, we are protected.  Well done everyone.
Avast! Team -- keep up the great work!

Dave

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 01:23:29 AM »
We had three virus definition updates on Monday.  I've never seen any other antivirus do that.
F-Secure has a number of times  ;D
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 04:10:09 AM »
[size=8]FIRST ANNIVERSARY?[/size][/tt]

CoJo

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 04:13:11 AM »
Culpeper? the purpose of the picture?

cojo

Culpeper

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 04:20:23 AM »