Author Topic: Why is Avast AntiTrack always disabled for Firefox when AntiTrack is opened?  (Read 2871 times)

Offline crystalswanscs

I installed Avast AntiTrack on Windows 10 (all updates are current). I enabled it for the Firefox browser (latest version) and allowed it in the Firefox extension dialog. Every time I reopen Avast AntiTrack, it is disabled for Firefox.

I have gone through the process of uninstalling Avast AntiTrack (all file and folders), rebooting and reinstalling. It makes no difference. It is always disabled for Firefox.

This seems to be a piece of poorly tested software that should never have been released. Do you have any plans to fix it or should I uninstall it? (And please don't say use another browser!)

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
I installed Avast AntiTrack on Windows 10 (all updates are current). I enabled it for the Firefox browser (latest version) and allowed it in the Firefox extension dialog. Every time I reopen Avast AntiTrack, it is disabled for Firefox.

I have gone through the process of uninstalling Avast AntiTrack (all file and folders), rebooting and reinstalling. It makes no difference. It is always disabled for Firefox.

This seems to be a piece of poorly tested software that should never have been released. Do you have any plans to fix it or should I uninstall it? (And please don't say use another browser!)

Hi,

There is a bug whereby for some users the Firefox extension does not function correctly.
We are working on the release of a new AntiTrack version. We unfortunately are not able to provide an ETA, as yet.