Author Topic: Cant sync to new device. Desperately need help.  (Read 9322 times)

Offline Christopher431

Cant sync to new device. Desperately need help.
« on: January 10, 2021, 08:19:50 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i cant find my last post, but it was under a different email i registered with and also this is slightly different issue anyway.
I have an iPhone xs max. I had two accounts registered with you guys. IDK why and plan to delete or close on upon resolution of this. this email i have logged in with now, i was not receiving the 6 digit verification codes to sync to new device. I didnt know why. I finally was looking at my avast account and appparently i had added another email address and it was set as primary. I deleted it and made this email address the primary and only one on the account. Now i recieve the codes just fine. However it is asking me for approval from another device. I only have the one phone it is on and the phone needs a new screen/digitizer assemby and battery. It then gives me an option to provide an old password. Im scared to say forgot password. This literally has everything i need in it. I can prove my identity or anything necessary. I have access to ***removed for privacy reasons *** and was working with a support rep from the other post i made but have not received a reply in a couple days and im locked out of like everything as i rely heavily on this. I can not find the identity email from creating it anywhere in my gmail i had to have deleted it because i once had an issue with google where they gave me drive space on google drive for a promo and when it expired i was unable to use any google services like gmail drive photos nothing. i deleted like everything when that happened. they even took away free 5gb increments of drive space i earned for contributions to maps. I want to move everything away from google but i need seriously desperately to recover this first then i will edit the email. please help this is time sensitive. i cant get into anything. i dont remember any other password i may have used for the avast passwords app. i have tried my most commonly used ones. i have always kept it very simple because of how important it is. please please help ill even like buy your product or whatever i dont care i just need access again asap.

please!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:54:18 PM by r@vast »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster

Offline gshashank23

Re: Cant sync to new device. Desperately need help.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 03:19:51 PM »
hi team,

i have same issue and i am android user,

I don't have my old phone(because of hardware problem) to confirm for login from another device..
i also forget my previous password so i reseted it... with new password....

So in my new device its not allowing me to login...  and i don't know whether i received that mail or not,  but in my inbox i can't find any 'restore data backup mail' .....
Now in this situation is there any way i can get my passwords back... or i can login to my account...

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Cant sync to new device. Desperately need help.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 04:36:08 PM »
hi team,

i have same issue and i am android user,

I don't have my old phone(because of hardware problem) to confirm for login from another device..
i also forget my previous password so i reseted it... with new password....

So in my new device its not allowing me to login...  and i don't know whether i received that mail or not,  but in my inbox i can't find any 'restore data backup mail' .....
Now in this situation is there any way i can get my passwords back... or i can login to my account...

Hi,

The restore from backup email would have been sent around Dec 7, 2019.
If you can't log in to your avast account, you will not be able to re-activate Avast Passwords.
Please try to login to id.avast.com