Author Topic: is there a log of files that the standard shield scans?  (Read 1825 times)

jjbtnc

is there a log of files that the standard shield scans?
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »
i'm using avast 4.7 free home - version 4.7.892 - as an experiment i turned on the show detailed info in the standard shield part of the on-access scanner.  I find it quite interesting and enlightening to see what files are being scanned as you do things on the pc and really surprised as well.  I had noticed that my pc was taking a bit longer for the pc to become usable after the desktop was displayed - you know programs starting up in the background etc.  When i activated the detailed info i was surprised to see loads of ulead videostudio10 files being scanned by avast even though i have no element of this program set to run at startup - and as well as my own efforts i've used startup control utilities to check this is true.  When i say loads i mean in excess of 30 ulead files being scanned and all this is happening while the pc gets ready to be usable and i therefore think this is attributing to the delay.  I don't have any problem with avast, i believe it is just doing it's job and the problem lies with Ulead and hopefully if i sort it out my desktop will be usable sooner than before.

The thing i wanted to know was is there a log somewhere detailing what files the standard shield has scanned?  The pop ups saying what the shield is doing appear and go too quickly for me to check what is going on and what files are being scanned.  If i can find this info it may help me sort a few things out.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: is there a log of files that the standard shield scans?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:32:48 PM »
I am afraid that it's not possible in the Home version.
In the Professional version, you could modify the "Resident protection" task and set "OK files" to be written into the corresponding report.