Author Topic: HEADERS DELETED!!  (Read 3096 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sberry

  • Guest
HEADERS DELETED!!
« on: January 28, 2004, 01:26:24 PM »
Hi all!
I noticed a strange proble with the email scanner.

If it is activated it removes "all" the headers of the outgoing emails!

For example (if the scanner is activated) the header sent is:
X-Sender: XXXXXXX@popmail.libero.it

(I replaced my adress with XXXXXXX...)

If i deactivate the email scanner with the wizard the headers sent are:

X-Sender: XXXXXXXX@popmail.libero.it
X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 6.0.1.1
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:08:06 +0100
To: XXXXXXXX@tiscali.it
From: SBerry <XXXXXX@libero.it>
Subject:

This strange thing happens only after i have installed the last version of Avast Antivirus.

Can I do something for resolve my problem?

Thanks all!

Pavel Baudis

  • Guest
Re:HEADERS DELETED!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 02:41:41 PM »
Yes, this is a know bug in the latest version which is discussed here. It should be corrected in the next version (coming really soon). In the meantime, you can switch off the testing of outgoing mail - but not only in the resident - you must do it in Mail Wizzard...

Hope this helps

Pavel

Offline MikeBCda

  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 2248
Re:HEADERS DELETED!!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 07:20:31 PM »
Yes, this is a know bug in the latest version which is discussed here. It should be corrected in the next version (coming really soon). In the meantime, you can switch off the testing of outgoing mail - but not only in the resident - you must do it in Mail Wizzard...

Hope this helps

Pavel

Thanks for this additional note, Pavel -- I've been having the same problem with Eudora since the last update (subject line and all contents are stripped out during transmission).

The original advice (in several threads here) was to simply reset the custom resident settings so outgoing mail wasn't scanned, but in my case this didn't correct the problem.

I discovered for myself, and you've now pointed out to others, that until the new version's available it has to be corrected at the Wizard level.  I took it one step further, took out the email provider (with add-remove/change) then put it back in, and it seems to work fine now except of course outgoing mail isn't being scanned.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent