Author Topic: Google search raises URL:Blacklist pop-up  (Read 11329 times)

Offline Steve669

Re: Google search raises URL:Blacklist pop-up
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 07:28:16 AM »
I've been getting this alert when I do a Google search on Chrome browser, too, on my Windows 10 laptop. I updated Chrome to the latest version yesterday, but it still persisted.

Following NON's lead, I checked all my Chrome extensions; I don't have Proxy SwitchySharp.

But I've been able to stop the alert by disabling CrossPilot 1.1.1, which is described as "Install Opera extensions in Chrome in a sandboxed environment". Sure hope it was me that installed that extension, because I don't remember it! But let's just hope this sticks.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 07:51:16 AM »
I've been getting this alert when I do a Google search on Chrome browser, too, on my Windows 10 laptop. I updated Chrome to the latest version yesterday, but it still persisted.

Following NON's lead, I checked all my Chrome extensions; I don't have Proxy SwitchySharp.

But I've been able to stop the alert by disabling CrossPilot 1.1.1, which is described as "Install Opera extensions in Chrome in a sandboxed environment". Sure hope it was me that installed that extension, because I don't remember it! But let's just hope this sticks.
Well I have CrossPilot installed too, but I don't have alerts with it enabled at least for now. :-\
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 08:50:07 AM »
Hi ^^

NON did you have the warning message with the previous Avast version even free or other version?

Gerald

RIP Bx TZD TURBO 520140kms le 15/08/2015 et 26ans
Xantia ok jusqu'en 2026 et la C3 même punition@:
Dédicace à une fille merveilleuse Chloé qui a bien grandi:-)
Tonton d'une nièce nommée Chloé ^^ et du Mathieu dit le chinois

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2021, 12:34:27 PM »
NON did you have the warning message with the previous Avast version even free or other version?
I'm using latest Avast, not previous version.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline Jan593

• Avast team
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2021, 01:24:00 PM »
Thanks Jan953..
I started FFox with add-ons disabled and no problem. After restart, I tried disabling add-ons one-by-one but can't figure out the culprit. Only one has been updated in the last week or two, but I fully trust it.
Is there a way to effectively troubleshoot this? Is the a scanner of some sort out there?

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any good tool to automatically troubleshoot this. But what you can do is navigate to a Google search page, and open "Web Developer" -> "Debugger" -> "Sources". You should see there on the left pane the list of add-ons that are executing a content script in the current page. If there is any add-on that should not be loaded into a Google search page, you found the culprit.

Offline Jan593

• Avast team
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2021, 01:28:03 PM »
Thank you for the tips, we will look into both CrossPilot and Proxy SwitchySharp if there is any hidden malicious code!

Offline Tom581

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 06:29:29 PM »
Thanks Jan953..
I started FFox with add-ons disabled and no problem. After restart, I tried disabling add-ons one-by-one but can't figure out the culprit. Only one has been updated in the last week or two, but I fully trust it.
Is there a way to effectively troubleshoot this? Is the a scanner of some sort out there?

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any good tool to automatically troubleshoot this. But what you can do is navigate to a Google search page, and open "Web Developer" -> "Debugger" -> "Sources". You should see there on the left pane the list of add-ons that are executing a content script in the current page. If there is any add-on that should not be loaded into a Google search page, you found the culprit.

Thanks again Jan953...
Problem has apparently disappeared.
Yesterday, I disabled all add-ons (not restart with add-ons disabled) and turned them back on one at a time and checking for the issue each time. Even when all were back on, problem did not surface. I waited to post today to see if issue came back after reboot. It did not.
Cannot explain this.
Tried your troubleshooting and did not notice any add-ons loaded.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 07:12:53 PM »
Hi,

I have answer from Avast French support  ;D

They said that it was from a bad add-on...

They advise me to disable add-on one by one and enable it one by one to see which one was bad.

I did it, but as a forumer said before, they did it without possibility to know which one wasn't good :o :o

Gerald

Offline Tom581

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2021, 06:30:38 PM »
Thanks Jan953..

Thanks again Jan953...
Problem has apparently disappeared.
Yesterday, I disabled all add-ons (not restart with add-ons disabled) and turned them back on one at a time and checking for the issue each time. Even when all were back on, problem did not surface. I waited to post today to see if issue came back after reboot. It did not.
Cannot explain this.
Tried your troubleshooting and did not notice any add-ons loaded.

Seems this idiocy is back again. 6 days of freedom and now it is starting again. Nothing has changed in my system.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 07:27:46 PM »
Hi,

Welcome back  >:( >:( >:(

I have the issue back.

To see if something wrong with add-on, which add-on do you have on your firefox or other navigator which occur the problem?

Gerald

Offline Tom581

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 08:09:56 PM »
Hi,

Welcome back  >:( >:( >:(

I have the issue back.

To see if something wrong with add-on, which add-on do you have on your firefox or other navigator which occur the problem?

Gerald

No idea Gerald. Did the same test as before and problem is still there with add-ons disbaled without a FFox restart. I am baffled.

Offline lorenzorodriguezmain

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2021, 12:32:14 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'll be copying this other reply of mine on the AVG forum:
I know it might not be what you're exactly looking for (since it's more probable you're being closely monitored as I am and this is only going to prevent you from viewing the window - check the address loaded on the pop-up, because it'll match a ton of your latest searches on Google), but, at least for now, you could edit the hosts file present at the path "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and block the address from being sucessfully opened. Remember you'll have to run the text editor (notepad, why not?) as an administrator and open the file through the own notepad prompt (ctrl + o). After this, go to the last line and create a new one with "127.0.0.1" (which is the localhost used for loopbacks; learn more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localhost) plus the address targeted. You also should preferably press the "tab" key to separate a parameter from each other.
It seems this threat actually comes from some kind of action triggered by Crosspilot. Discussions are being proposed across other forums too, I see. 
Hope this helps.
(I attached a sample of what it also looks when running on AVG. Same deal, same issue.)

Offline Jesperodde

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2021, 04:17:54 PM »
I got this from Avast:

If the detection pops up randomly it is possible that you have hijacker in your browser. To get rid of it please follow steps described bellow:
1) Make sure that Avast is up-to-date: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Update-Antivirus
2) Reset the affected web browser to its default/factory settings: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Reset-browser

Did not do it yet, did anyone else?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2021, 06:34:02 PM »
You could start by attaching a screenshot (to your reply) of the avast alert, that could help us investigate.
See my attached image on how to attach it in the post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Jesperodde

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2021, 10:38:28 AM »
Ok, this is the screenshot