Author Topic: Google search raises URL:Blacklist pop-up  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Tom581

Google search raises URL:Blacklist pop-up
« on: January 12, 2021, 11:35:54 PM »
Every time I search using Google, I get a pop-up about servscrpt.de being blocked. Only happens with Firefox and not Edge. Started a few days ago. How to stop this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Google search raises URL:Blacklist pop-up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 12:35:12 AM »
Strange, servscript.de appears to belong to amazon.com https://www.ip-adress.com/website/servscrpt.de but located in Dublin.

Firefox is my default browser, my default search engine is GoogleUK and  I'm not seeing this, what are your Privacy and Security settings, mine are on Strict.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tom581

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:52:20 AM »
Thanks DavidR,
I am using an old version of FFox - v56 - and cannot see anywhere to set 'Strict'.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 02:16:17 AM »
If you can you should get the latest version that is compatible with your OS (which is ?)

If you are unable to update firefox, I don't know what version of Avast you are using (?)
If it is the latest avast version then you should be able to update firefox, this would give you much more in the way of Privacy and Security settings.  Not to mention other functions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tom581

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 02:45:57 AM »
Thanks again DavidR..
I am using the latest Avast. Won't update to latest FFox as I would lose some functionality I rely on. Just curious what changed in the last few days to cause this. Clearly it's Google. OS is Win7 pro.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 03:41:56 AM »
You're welcome.

I just wonder if it is something in google that has change, as presumably they are constantly updating their product to gather data.  But why it is connecting to servscrpt.de for a search, I wouldn't know.

But this site is considered a medium security risk on this scan https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/servscrpt.de that may or may not be why avast has the URL Blacklisted.

You could try - Reporting Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php - this goes to the avast virus labs.  They will look at it again, but there is no guarantee that it would be removed from the URL Blacklist.

Offline Jan593

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 10:57:15 AM »
Hi,

servscrpt[.]de is a domain used by a malicious payload to spy on Google/Bing/Yahoo search results and modify them. It has the ability to redirect arbitrary search results through servproc[.]de. This is most likely spread by a malicious browser extension: we recommend disabling suspicious ones and checking if the issue persists. If you figure out which extension was to blame, please let us know.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 12:04:52 PM »
Thank you Jan for the clarification.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 08:49:15 PM »
Hi,

I have the same problem only with firefox last version :(

I post a subject on Monday 10

https://is.gd/KzHBSd

But no answer.

So how can we ask to avast TK?

As i only have the free version and it sure that it occur on every version :'( :'( :'(

Very boring situation....

Gerald
RIP Bx TZD TURBO 520140kms le 15/08/2015 et 26ans
Xantia ok jusqu'en 2026 et la C3 même punition@:
Dédicace à une fille merveilleuse Chloé qui a bien grandi:-)
Tonton d'une nièce nommée Chloé ^^ et du Mathieu dit le chinois

Offline Tom581

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 09:22:49 PM »
Hi,

servscrpt[.]de is a domain used by a malicious payload to spy on Google/Bing/Yahoo search results and modify them. It has the ability to redirect arbitrary search results through servproc[.]de. This is most likely spread by a malicious browser extension: we recommend disabling suspicious ones and checking if the issue persists. If you figure out which extension was to blame, please let us know.

Thanks Jan953..
I started FFox with add-ons disabled and no problem. After restart, I tried disabling add-ons one-by-one but can't figure out the culprit. Only one has been updated in the last week or two, but I fully trust it.
Is there a way to effectively troubleshoot this? Is the a scanner of some sort out there?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 09:51:15 PM »
Hi,

I have the same problem only with firefox last version :(

I post a subject on Monday 10

https://is.gd/KzHBSd

But no answer.
<snip>

Do you not think it is strange to post a shortened URL link to a 3rd party site to redirect you back to the avast forums ?
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=247008.0

Many don't use shortened links to unknown origins or locations.

Plus you did get an answer.
One of which was to report it as a possible false positive.

Another to post it in the viruses and worms sub-forum, which you chose not to do. 
The only people who can move topics need full permissions and essentially this is an Avast Team member.  If they visited the topic they could well have answered it without the need to move it.

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 09:55:56 PM »
Hi,

I use Copyshorturl addon to make a small url that all ^^

A false positive ok, but not solved on detection database...

Ok, a lot ofhave the Free version so, we don't have the direct support.

Wait and see, to have a patch of false positive. ;D

Gerald

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 12:18:34 AM »
Well shortening your link actually puts some people off even visiting it, not to mention the link I posted to your topic is hardly long.

I didn't say it was a false positive, just that there was a link that you could use, if you felt it was, then it could be investigated.

There has been a response by 'Jan593' an avast team member Reply #6 in this topic who states that it isn't an FP and what actions to take to try and find a potentially bad browser extension in Firefox.

This is an issue that is unrelated to what avast version you have the web shield and file system shield 'virus protection is the same in all versions.'

Offline GEGEPING

• Ma Galerie Flickr
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 06:36:58 AM »
Hi,

Well, malicious extension, maybe but i don't know why Firefox could let such extension to be downloaded on his server.

What also noticed it that there was no such warning message on the previous version too... :o

I disabled all my add-on.

Re-activate each one by one, and no more warning message from Avast at 6:30am French hour :o :o :o :o

So bad ad-on or bug of detection, or new update of one of add-on make Avast be quiet???

Will shut down the laptop around of 6:50 and start it again around of 8:45 and will see if it's ok or not.

Gerald

Online NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 06:55:22 AM »
Hi,

I had same alerts a few days ago with Google Chrome, thinking it must be extensions.
For me it was an extension named "Proxy SwitchySharp" to blame, but now alerts are stopped for me too so I can't confirm it anymore.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:57:27 AM by NON »
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。