Author Topic: Google search raises URL:Blacklist pop-up  (Read 11269 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Google search raises URL:Blacklist pop-up
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 01:45:18 PM »
This pretty much confirms the detection, that an Avast Team member posted about.

Hi,

servscrpt[.]de is a domain used by a malicious payload to spy on Google/Bing/Yahoo search results and modify them. It has the ability to redirect arbitrary search results through servproc[.]de. This is most likely spread by a malicious browser extension: we recommend disabling suspicious ones and checking if the issue persists. If you figure out which extension was to blame, please let us know.

And also what actions others in this topic have taken to try and pin down what add-on is triggering this alert.

But what you got from avast in your Reply #27
1.  Avast being up to date (virus definitions) wouldn't have an impact unless this were a false positive.
2.  Resetting the browser back to defaults, would presumably remove all add-ons and probably resolve the problem until you put the add-ons back again.

So it doesn't seem to follow what 'Jan593' suggested, to track down the add-on responsible.  Or what other contributors to this topic have done to try and find the add-on.  All I as an Avast user can suggest is read through some of the other replies on what they have done to find the add-on and then remove that add-on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Jesperodde

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2021, 09:16:09 PM »
I only removed CrossPilot (which I never asked for by the way) and now peace has returned - no more alerts. What IS CrossPilot???

Offline Tom581

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2021, 09:21:05 PM »
I updated the 'hosts' file as per an earlier post and have not had this since. Perhaps that's the 'real' solution. For me, before, this issue would come and go for no apparent reason I could discern. It's peace for now.