Author Topic: I no longer have the email containing the restore link, so I can't sync.  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Jon202

Hi,

Hoping you can help.

None of my devices are synced and I don't seem to have the email containing a restore link.

Can anything be done about this?

Best Regards

Jon

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: I no longer have the email containing the restore link, so I can't sync.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 01:38:32 PM »
Hi,

Hoping you can help.

None of my devices are synced and I don't seem to have the email containing a restore link.

Can anything be done about this?

Best Regards

Jon

Hi,

You backed up your device for the first time Oct 27, 2017, the restore email would have been sent on that day, Subject "Your backup identity".
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Restore-Passwords-data-backup/

Offline Jon202

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:23:57 PM »
Thanks, I've located the email, clicked on the link and entered the master password that I believe I used at the time (I recorded it elsewhere on that same date.)

Unfortunately I receive an 'Incorrect Master Password' message.

I have a local copy of my passwords, I'd just like everything to be reset so I can import them back and sync to my other devices.

Can this be done?

Regards

Jon

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 03:07:27 PM »
Thanks, I've located the email, clicked on the link and entered the master password that I believe I used at the time (I recorded it elsewhere on that same date.)

Unfortunately I receive an 'Incorrect Master Password' message.

I have a local copy of my passwords, I'd just like everything to be reset so I can import them back and sync to my other devices.

Can this be done?

Regards

Jon

For the master password, it would be the one used on the device in question (they do not sync across devices)
If you have a local backup copy (e.g .json file) then we can delete the online backup data, to allow you to start from scratch. Once deleted it cannot be undone.
Please PM me if you wish to proceed.