Author Topic: Chrome Slow  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Scott465

Chrome Slow
« on: January 14, 2021, 01:47:13 PM »
I have been using Avast Anti Virus for a few years now with no issues. Today I purchased and downloaded the disk cleanup bundle and the VPN bundle. The disk cleanup worked fine, fixed a heap of stuff apparently, and then was turned off. Seems my issue is with the VPN, Chrome now takes 10-15 seconds to even begin loading a new page. Facebook constantly tells me I have no notifications, when I do, and then suddenly I do again, and messenger keeps connecting and disconnecting. Also, I use Avast Passwords in Chrome, and it tells me that I need to have Avast Antivirus installed for it to work, I DO HAVE IT INSTALLED, I have used passwords I will never remember with that thing, if that stops working I am screwed. What is happening? Is there some setting that I need to change? I can't find anywhere to white list sites, but the delay in loading pages is every time I change pages or open a new window to load a new page. I get that there should be some delay as the program is doing stuff between me requesting and then loading, but 15 seconds? I thought it was seamless, if this is how it is, I will be seeking a refund as I am not a happy customer.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:51:13 PM by Scott465 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Chrome Slow
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 01:55:47 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0