Author Topic: Avast Mobile Security Ultimate Icon  (Read 2475 times)

Offline CrazyCarita

Avast Mobile Security Ultimate Icon
« on: January 14, 2021, 10:39:58 PM »
Using Samsung S20+. Upgraded Avast to Ultimate today. Why the Avast icon on homescreen has a notification mark on it (red ball with number 1 in it)? I open Avast on find no reason for the notification. Thank you for any help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Mobile Security Ultimate Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 12:14:49 AM »
I don't use the Avast Ultimate product only the standard Avast Mobile Security.

If I have the Avast Mobile Security icon on my Home screen because it was always showing red ball with number 1 in it. 
I never did find out why, but I suspect that it may have been because I did some customisations in the Avast notification settings. 
In the end I moved it to another page.  I had exactly the same thing on my Avast Mobile Security Samsung Android Tablet.

Are there two avast icons at the top of the screen ?
If so one is likely to be the notification.

EDIT: You could try reporting it as a bug.  You could also try sending feedback in the app, reporting what appears to be a phantom feedback notification in the icon display.  I have just done that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:21:33 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: Avast Mobile Security Ultimate Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:44:02 AM »
There is a single required notification, indicating Avast is running, which should not be deleted. This applies to android 8 and above I believe.
See this:
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/257/

Note: that item was reached through the AMS FAQ page:
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Mobile-Security-FAQ
then scroll down to this question:
"How can I disable or customize the permanent notification?"

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:47:24 AM by rocksteady »