Author Topic: not able to reinstall avast despite the fact the app is not present anymore  (Read 2530 times)

Offline AlexielFR

Hi ,  was running Avast internet secuity , and i'm on Big su , but since two days i've tried to install windows via bootcamp with issues, and i've noticed that now Avast is not working on my mac, not present in applications folder, cannot dind trace of it in the library folder in application suppot, it isn't in the launch agents too , and i've deleted the VPN profile cos each time i want to reinstall avast or even another Antivirus it says this
Avast security software is already installed on your machine. AVG AntiVirus cannot be installed as it may not be compatible with your Avast security software.
so this means that somewhere they are still files from avast... i've looked at activity monitor and couldnt found any instances of an avast process running.. of course avast is not urnning on the menu ba or dock...
if someone could help me list all the files i have to uninstall manually cos i've found some website that list these but these files are not present ..
Thanks a lot.

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Hello,
the "Allready installed" error during install should be triggered by presence of /Library/Application Support/Avast directory.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

Offline AlexielFR

That's really weird i swer to god ther eis no Avast directory in my library in Application support, i didn't had even to erase it, avast wasn't present anymore on my mac, i could erase some preferences by searching in library by typing avast, and i've looked up in activity monitor , i type avast, and i found only one process running called something like .com.avast.forum ... i've killet it thinking maybe it was the culprit , but no , still not able to reinstall it...

i dunno what can i do because i do not have a older enough time machine backup..
and i really wish i could reinstall avast.