Author Topic: Ransomware allowed apps  (Read 1543 times)

Offline thebounder88

Ransomware allowed apps
« on: January 18, 2021, 06:41:17 AM »
I was updated to version 20.10.2442 (build 20.10.5824.624) today.  Now Ransomware will not allow app VB6.EXE to run.  The app is in the allowed list.  Avast gives me the option to allow the app, and says it will allow the app in the future, but it does not.  I have tried deleting the app from the allowed list, and re-adding it manually, but it makes no difference..  I have checked the path for the app, and it is correct.  The only way I can run the app is by disabling Ransomware.  Other apps in the allowed list seem to be unaffected, but I have not checked all of them.  Everything was ok before the latest update.

Offline strakl

Re: Ransomware allowed apps
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 09:32:46 AM »
That seems very strange to me at least. What avast are oyu using, free / premium? is it windows 10, or older windows, have you tried repairing avast: Menu>Settings>troubleshooting>repare? Do you have any other security software installed along with avast?

Offline thebounder88

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »
I'm on Avast Free and Windows 7. I've tried the repair option, no difference, no other security software running.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 12:04:03 PM »
I'm on Avast Free and Windows 7. I've tried the repair option, no difference, no other security software running.

Hi,

If you haven't done so, please reboot Windows. If that does not help, please re-install Avast Free.
Uninstall - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/10/

Offline thebounder88

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 08:39:41 AM »
I re-booted after running the repair, but no change.  However having re-booted this morning, all seems ok now.  Thanks for the help and suggestions.