Author Topic: Windows Security Centre cannot detect the presence of my Avast Antivirus Engine  (Read 11577 times)

Conway

Hi Guys

I really appreciate your understanding and kind assistance in helping me to source for a free personal firewall.  I do agree with DavidR that I shouldn't install anything that is free but rather it serves my need and thus I have uninstalled my Kerio Firewall installation and I have decided to adopt Tech's advice in using Comodo Firewall.  I have also checked its ratings in one of those links provided by Spiritsongs.  Comodo Firewall has scored a 5 stars ratings, apart from Zonealarm Firewall. 

Dragonboy, I agree with you that not everything is free in this world and I also agree with you too that programmer indeed put in alot of time and efforts in creating these softwares but I hope that you can understand too that not everyone in this world has the means to purchase things online; either due to financial constraints or becos of some regulatory constraints that they are not able to apply credit cards.  As I have said earlier in my posting, if only I have the means I would rather pay for it and get the actual original products and get all the supports provided by the respective companies that come with the products.

Anyway, I really want to thank you guys for your assistance here in putting up your postings.  Tech, if I have any doubts regarding Comodo Firewall, I hope you can help me up with it.  Will you?

Conway

P.S. - Does anyone use "Spyware Terminator" in their PC, together with Avast Home Antivirus?  Is "Spyware Terminator" a fake or genuine Antispyware application?  I have used it on my PC and find that it takes quite a while before I loaded up my IE browser. Does anyone experienced the same problem like me too?

Spiritsongs

Spyware Terminator
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 06:42:02 PM »
 :)  Hi Conway :

I am probably the most negative about "Spyware Terminator" because of the "rogue/suspect"
     background of its Makers; you can read something about their "checkered past" in the
    "Best resident protection spyware blocker?" thread in this forum. I prefer to use products that
     are deemed "Trustworthy" by antiSPYWARE Expert Eric Howes, which can be found at :

www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#trustworthy  .

The "checkered past" of the Comodo people is why I do NOT have their firewall on my machine;
     1 or 2 of their products are in the database of the Excellent "prevent-type" antiSPYWARE
     program called "SpywareBlaster"; this FREE program is available at :
     www.javacoolsoftware.com  .

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
P.S. - Does anyone use "Spyware Terminator" in their PC, together with Avast Home Antivirus?  Is "Spyware Terminator" a fake or genuine Antispyware application?  I have used it on my PC and find that it takes quite a while before I loaded up my IE browser. Does anyone experienced the same problem like me too?
I'm using it as an on-demmand scanner  8)
The best things in life are free.