Author Topic: Resident scanning  (Read 11401 times)

Gerard

Resident scanning
« on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:56 PM »
Hi,

I've installed Avast professional. It's running under Windows XP. Everytime the system starts I get an error message about the virus chest. The program runs with errors it says (in red). Also resident scanning is impossible i get a message: The AAVM subsystem detected an RPC error. What kind of problem is that. I uninstalled Avast rebooted the machine installed again but the error message stays. Who knows the solution. I thinK no resident scanning no protection.

Thanks in advance

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:Resident scanning
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 05:47:58 PM »
MfG Ralf

Gerard

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 08:32:38 PM »
Hi

Initialisation of chest files is not possible. The secon error message I get when startin the program. Should I install McAfee instead? I'm not very happy though. ???
I think it's strange, you buy anti virus software and you have to do all kinds of things to make it work. Even following the threads shows me that no one really knows how to fix the bugs e.g. problems
« Last Edit: April 19, 2003, 08:35:37 PM by Gerard »

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 10:04:23 PM »
Wait til one of the Alwil guys answer you.
Remeber no Software is perfect and if y<ou take a look in different usegroups you will see that there are much installation and other Problems with Mcafee or Norton. It is a bit a personal decision which Software to take. You have to like it!:)
Test the different Scanners and than decide which on fits your needs most.
MfG Ralf