Author Topic: Can't log into a membership site without shutting down Core and Web shields  (Read 945 times)

Offline Deborah58

I have a membership to Yoga International. Haven't been able (recently, since upgrading to Big Sur mac) to log into Yoga International until I shut down Core and Web shields. This sort of defeats the purpose of Avast. So it's a workaround, but a clumsy, time consuming work-around, not a real solution. Can anyone help? PS, there's no way these "letters" to veryify can be read! Aurgh! :-(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
This should go in the Avast Mac Security forum were it is likely to get a better response.  You may even find a similar topic there.

If you can take screenshots of any avast alert or details of any error message (would help) and attach these to your topic (see my attached image) in the Avast Mac Security forum

Ordinarily I wouldn't have thought you would need to disable all core shields, only the web shield (and or set an exclusion for that URL), but I don't use the Avast Mac Security program.

The captcha is an anti spam measure and is only required for your first 3 posts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security