Author Topic: I can't log on avast passords on the desktop  (Read 4301 times)

Offline davi.marczal

I can't log on avast passords on the desktop
« on: January 23, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »
I receive a error when trying to log on avast passwords on the desktop version: Sorry, we've run into a problem. Please try again later

When I insert the whrong password the error changes, so I know I'm inserting the correct password.

In my iphone I can log in normal. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Offline DiCHANHO

Re: I can't log on avast passords on the desktop
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 02:53:05 AM »
The exact same thing happens to me. I need to have access to my 1300 stored passwords. Trust this service from day one and it is bringing me many problems with work. Also premium payment for both avast premium security, avast password, vpn and other avast products.

pls help!

Offline Partz

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 11:51:32 PM »
I too am having the same problem! I have gone through the tutorial here,.....

https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Synchronize-Passwords-across-devices/

....but when I get to the part where I want to turn Sync "on" the next window asks me to log in
Can't log in!!!

I try logging in using the Google option. Doesn't work!!!

I have a Android phone and an iPad with all my Passwords so it should be a 5 minute process to get my PC Avast working. So I spent One day reinstalling W10 to fix one major issue, only to spend the better part of another just trying to get Avast Passwords to work. Very frustrating as I to am a paying customer.

Edit:

So I've been at this all day again. As to the ability to log in so that I can Sync my passwords, I was able to get to the "type the letters & numbers but alas it just gave me the same old error. "we have run into a problem and cannot log you in"

Well !!!

Pretty pissed off at this point !
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 11:37:08 PM by Partz »

Offline rafaelfs.rj

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 02:29:19 PM »
I too am having the same problem! I have gone through the tutorial here,.....

https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Synchronize-Passwords-across-devices/

....but when I get to the part where I want to turn Sync "on" the next window asks me to log in
Can't log in!!!

I try logging in using the Google option. Doesn't work!!!

I have a Android phone and an iPad with all my Passwords so it should be a 5 minute process to get my PC Avast working. So I spent One day reinstalling W10 to fix one major issue, only to spend the better part of another just trying to get Avast Passwords to work. Very frustrating as I to am a paying customer.

Edit:

So I've been at this all day again. As to the ability to log in so that I can Sync my passwords, I was able to get to the "type the letters & numbers but alas it just gave me the same old error. "we have run into a problem and cannot log you in"

Well !!!

Pretty pissed off at this point !
Pretty much a month has passed and we haven't heard from Avast. I wonder if they have lost our data. And for whom?

Offline K_Lesnik

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 05:58:19 PM »
Hi all,
I'm sorry for leaving you without a reply so long. We're currently looking into this and are trying to understand what's the core of the issue.
I assume for those affected by the issue and using Windows, simply closing the window prompting you to log into the Avast Account should grant you access to your stored passwords.
Please let us know if this is the case or not.

I hope we'll find a solution soon.

Offline Denis281

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 06:09:41 PM »
Still not working:

I can not turn on Avast Passwords Sync & backup option. i am logged in the app with my google account, but Passwords are asking me again to sign in and when I am doing this it crashes with error message: "Sorry, we've run into a problem. Please try again later."
Can anyone help me with this?

On my android phone I successfully logged in with my google account, but not able to have sync option enabled on my PC with windows 10 where all my passwords are stored.