Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Tool, I hate it!  (Read 1637 times)

Offline NDboots

Avast Cleanup Tool, I hate it!
« on: January 14, 2021, 05:19:44 PM »
I was a JV16 Powertools user and I probably should go back to using it.  What I HATE about Avast cleanup Tool, that I loved about JV16 Powertools, was every item that JV16 Powertools listed to cleanup there was a checkbox.  It gave me the option to uncheck the box ON EACH it so it would not be cleanup or removed, if I didn't want it to be.  There was always some software/app that was affected in a bad way with the cleanup tool, and that way I could avoided more of the same problems in the future, by unchecking the items that could be a problem again.  Avast does not have that option, so I refuse to use it's cleanup tool because of past horrid issues that sometimes took days of work to fix. 

Is there any chance Avast could have that option in the near future?  I think I would like that option a lot and then would not have to go back to JV16 Powertools in order to more carefully cleanup my computer.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup Tool, I hate it!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 06:14:50 PM »
I was a JV16 Powertools user and I probably should go back to using it.  What I HATE about Avast cleanup Tool, that I loved about JV16 Powertools, was every item that JV16 Powertools listed to cleanup there was a checkbox.  It gave me the option to uncheck the box ON EACH it so it would not be cleanup or removed, if I didn't want it to be.  There was always some software/app that was affected in a bad way with the cleanup tool, and that way I could avoided more of the same problems in the future, by unchecking the items that could be a problem again.  Avast does not have that option, so I refuse to use it's cleanup tool because of past horrid issues that sometimes took days of work to fix. 

Is there any chance Avast could have that option in the near future?  I think I would like that option a lot and then would not have to go back to JV16 Powertools in order to more carefully cleanup my computer.

Hi,

we sincerely apologize for your troubles and inconveniences.
Could you please provide us with more concrete examples of a features(s) where you would appreciate to have option to select items one-by-one and also we would love to hear more about issues you had with our product so we can help you resolving them and make sure that it won't happen again?

Thank you!