Author Topic: Anyone else having trouble with the Console Client services not starting up?  (Read 4138 times)

Offline mschedler1

I seem to be having this issue... can't find a reason. It seems like the Console Client services will randomly just not start up. Once they fail to start, the machine will go multiple reboots without starting these two services. Once I manually start them, then it seems to work for a month or so, successfully starting up every reboot. I'm not sure when it started but I discovered at least a half dozen machines had the Avast program stuck on 20.7 and rarely reporting to the console (hours or days). Once I manually started the two services, the Avast program updated to 20.9 (sometimes requiring another manual bump of those two services AGAIN).

To say it's annoying is an understatement. The console doesn't show enough information at a glance to see these issues until I start digging. I've spent hours now forcing updates and bumping services. Maybe it's Windows 10? not sure. I've had trouble with Win 10 not starting other services (like sql server) but not on this scale. Timing might indicate a relationship with Windows Update but I haven't been able to verify that yet. I'd start a ticket but I can't repeat it... it seemingly just happens randomly.

Anyone else?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:49:48 PM by mschedler1 »

Offline mschedler1

This definitely seems to happen right after the Windows Monthly updates. For some weird reason, the two services won't start up after the Windows Update Reboot. And with those two services disabled, it will NOT run tasks (like a reboot) so I can't just assign a big "Reboot" task to all the machines and fix it.

INCREDIBLY Annoying!

To be clear, the two services that won't start are:
  • Avast Business Console Client
  • Avast Business Console Client Antivirus Service
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:22:11 PM by mschedler1 »