Author Topic: Bank Mode not working  (Read 12671 times)

Offline batt255

Bank Mode not working
« on: February 03, 2021, 09:41:06 PM »
Hi I go to my banks website and click on bank mode but the log on button shows and then when I click on it it goes to an X and I am unable to enter my user name and password. I have disabled ad block for this site but still doesn't work. Please help thanks

Offline Olga Fomicheva

• Avast team
Re: Bank Mode not working
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 02:03:46 PM »
Hello!

Could you please provide us with more details?
Some screenshots and Diagnostic Information will be very helpful. You can find it in Settings => About Avast Secure Browser => Diagnostic Information.

Thanks!
Regards,
Olga.

Offline cyndysews2

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 07:04:52 PM »
I am having a similar problem.  I open the Avast secure browser.  Click on the Security & Privacy center to access the bank mode option.  When I click on bank mode it opens the bank mode screen.  Typically when I am in bank mode the desktop turns black behind the screen (no problem there) but then the black screen turns to white.  I can access a website such as my bank but when I try to type in my username or password I can't type anything in either immediately or, my ability to type these in is significantly delayed.  It's as though the bank mode somehow disconnects my keyboard functionality or delays it.  I can SOMETIMES temporarily resolve this after closing out and "updating" my virus definitions & application versions - HOWEVER, having said that, I should not need to do this as my settings are for automatic update and I should always be up to date.  It's as though the updates which are supposedly already installed need to be installed again. That may be a separate issue as I have also noticed that the automatic update does not always seem to be working either. (Yes, I have it set for automatic update).  I have on occasion needed to manually do an update check/install.  The problem started about 1 or 2 Avast updates ago.  Never had a problem before that.  I keep thinking it's a temporary glitch that will be resolved with a new update but it has persisted now for far too long.  Does anyone have an answer or permanent resolution to this problem?

Offline NikkyoO

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 01:34:38 AM »
Hi cyndysews2,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with bank mode. It sounds like you're on desktop, correct? Can you let us know which OS you're on and the version number?

You can try going to your three menu button (top right corner of the browser) > More tools > Extensions > Avast Bank Mode and select "Update" if you're able to. Let us know if this helps.

Thank you!

- Nikky

Offline cyndysews2

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 03:26:21 PM »
I am using Windows 10 Home  Version 20H2  on a Laptop.  I cannot perform the suggested remedy - I do not see an  "Avast Bank Mode" option to update on the extensions tab itself.  I would need to open the Security & Privacy center to open Bank mode which is the same thing as I have been doing all along.