Author Topic: Real Site not enabled; Avast says my Mac didn't load extensions.  (Read 1700 times)

Offline MD60

Real Site not enabled; Avast says my Mac didn't load extensions.
« on: February 11, 2021, 03:46:01 AM »
Last night, everything was fine, but when I got home tonight, I opened my Avast Premium Security and three of the four Core shields were disabled.   When I tried to fix things, Avast stopped working entirely.

I was able to get on to a support chat with an Avast representative and he spent literally a couple of hours with me trying to get my computer to load Avast again.  We couldn't even get the remote access program to work (it loaded once, told me that it was missing files and then the tech and I tried FIVE times to get it working...nope).

When we finally downloaded and re-installed Avast, the Real Site core shield is not loading.  It says that my Mac wouldn't load the extensions.  I looked at a help page on the website, it says I should have a "Wizard" where I can give Avast access to set up proxies...nope.  I don't appear to be able to do that either. 

Right now my case has been escalated because I apparently am also supposed to have a "Troubleshooting" option in my Avast (Mac) Menu.  I don't.  I don't even have a "Repair" option like the tech thought I should have.  So it's a mess. :(

Help?  Anyone??