Author Topic: Recover old Vault  (Read 2868 times)

Offline mityokeca

Recover old Vault
« on: February 05, 2021, 02:23:55 PM »
Last year around october an avast update was installed and it changed my Photo Vault PIN. When I go to Recover old Vault it want's my PIN but it doesn't accept it. I've sent two e-mails to support and got no help. I hope someone will know what to do.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Recover old Vault
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 05:21:31 PM »
Last year around october an avast update was installed and it changed my Photo Vault PIN. When I go to Recover old Vault it want's my PIN but it doesn't accept it. I've sent two e-mails to support and got no help. I hope someone will know what to do.

Hi,

I can see that your last communication with support was yesterday and they suggested that you reset your pin. Case/Ticket ID:12544864
In general, if there is a "Recover old Vault" message, it should be enough to tap on it and enter the previous PIN to retrieve the photos.
I would suggest that you update Avast Mobile Security to the latest version. You can do so by going to your Google Play Store, locating Avast Mobile Security and tapping on Update.

Offline mityokeca

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 08:40:11 PM »
I have no idea how else to say it. MY PIN was obviously changed after an update without me doing anything and now when I want to recover my photos  I can't because the PIN which I  used to lock those photos is no longer accepted for what ever reason. I've reset my PIN already, the app is up to date. The photos are encrypted when I try to access them on PC. The only thing I haven't tried is to uninstall the app, but I suppose the photos will be deleted as well

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 03:59:36 PM »
I have no idea how else to say it. MY PIN was obviously changed after an update without me doing anything and now when I want to recover my photos  I can't because the PIN which I  used to lock those photos is no longer accepted for what ever reason. I've reset my PIN already, the app is up to date. The photos are encrypted when I try to access them on PC. The only thing I haven't tried is to uninstall the app, but I suppose the photos will be deleted as well

Hi,

Re-installing the app on Android should not delete the photos. Although, if you use some type of "Cleaner" app or the phone has one built-in, then it could remove the "leftover files" (meaning also the photos). There is, unfortunately, nothing else we can do.