Author Topic: Avast & Ati Try Tools [CPULOAD.DLL]  (Read 5472 times)

wiston

Avast & Ati Try Tools [CPULOAD.DLL]
« on: November 14, 2006, 06:40:52 PM »
Sorry for my english....  :o

Today I've a problem after 0648-2 update.
The problem is CPULOAD.DLL in Ati Try Tools folders [vers. 1.2.6.940] (program for Ati driver).
I cancelled infect file e unistalled the program.
Then I installed last version of Ati Try Tools [1.2.6.955] but the problem it's the same.

What's happen?  ???

Thanks

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast & Ati Try Tools [CPULOAD.DLL]
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »
Ensure that you have the latest VPS update and scan again, if no different.

You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner
Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists (Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions) and periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the Standard Shield and Program Settings, exclusions.
Also see (Mini Sticky) False Positives, how to report and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wiston

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 06:57:19 PM »
Ensure that you have the latest VPS update and scan again, if no different.
Yes, I do!
You could also check the offending/suspect file at: VirusTotal - Multi engine on-line virus scanner
Or Jotti - Multi engine on-line virus scanner if any other scanners here detect them it is less likely to be a false positive. You can't do this with the file in the chest, you will need to move it out.

If it is indeed a false positive, add it to the exclusions lists (Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions) and periodically check it (scan it in the chest), there should still be a copy in the chest even though you restored it to the original location. When it is no longer detected then you can also remove it from the Standard Shield and Program Settings, exclusions.
Also see (Mini Sticky) False Positives, how to report and what to do to exclude them until the problem is corrected.

Thank you!
I try....

wiston

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »
Then send it to avast as outlined in the False Positives link and add it to your exclusions lists. (See Edit below before sending)

Welcome to the forums.

Edit I just looked at the virustotal link you gave and avast didn't detect it either, so I don't know what VPS version they are using, but there is clearly a difference between the one they are using and the one you have, latest is 0648-2. So it looks like virus total isn't using this version.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:39:12 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

DaveD

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 12:41:16 AM »
Hopefully this False Positive gets corrected quickly as I do use ATI Tray Tools. I have been noticing more and more False Positives with avast! over the last 6 months or so, but thankfully they almost always get corrected promptly.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 01:31:37 AM »
The quickest way to ensure that they are corrected is to send the sample to avast as in the false positives link above. Have you done that yet ?

Prime2515102

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »
Well oops... I just posted about this exact problem... I used Panda, Tend Micro and Symantec online scanners and the file (as well as one in System32) came up clean. See: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=24896.0

Prime.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:45:57 AM by Prime2515102 »